“Enjoyed our stay - the location was perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1936 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #11 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Enjoyed our stay - the location was perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My two adult daughters and I stayed here three nights the second week of August 2012. The location is great, right across the street from the beach. Actually though, we spent more time in their pool; it is beautiful and larger than most. We each had a float chair or lounger and there was plenty of room for us and others - although I think we must have scared other swimmers off as each time we had to pool to ourselves. We had a standard room with two doubles and we had plenty of room; room was clean and the beds comfortable. The small refrigerator was nice to keep cold drinks handy. We did have a problem with daily housekeeping which I reported to TJ at the front desk. He took our complaint seriously and within 30-40 minutes had it resolved. He asked informative questions regarding the lack of service and even reported this to another employee (probably owner or supervisor) at the motel and showed her our room. Our stay was quiet on Thursday and Friday night, but other guests on Saturday night (after midnight) were not respectful of others - not a fault of the motel. If I return to the area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are there over a Saturday night, ask for a 3rd floor room - just in case other guests are not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Corinth, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second trip to this Inn in Biloxi. I love this place, clean rooms, great service!!!! I also have a small pet and it is hard to find a place that will allow him to stay. The kids really enjoyed the pool, which stays open till midnight. This is great especially after a full day at the beach.

Room Tip: If you have a family I suggest the suites. They have great privacy away from the kids!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

For the price you can't beat it.The rooms were clean and good sized.It has a very nice pool that stays open to midnight,which is great for the children.The casino is a short walk across the street.There is a Pancake House that shares the same parking lot.Also there is a Hooters a short walk away.Also the beach is right across the street.Everything you need in short walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at th edgewater for to nights. There are plusses and minuses...
Pros: right across the street from one Of the nicer parts of the beach, helpful front desk staff, spacious rooms with fridge and microwave, pool open until midnight, 10% off at the waffle house next door, and free wireless.

Cons- a few depending On your taste and needs:
First, our room was not cleaned during our stay. Housekeeping brought by new towels, but never actually serviced the room. I found this pretty shocking--trash wasnt taken out, coffee wasn't replaced, no new soap provided, sandy floors not vacuumed, etc.

Second, all room access is to the outside, which makes the hotel extremely noisy (since the pool is open late and people sit outside rooms smoking, drinking, singing, and talking loudly until four in the morning. I was woken up several times at all times of the night from noise coming from outside and the rooms nearby. There were also lots of unattended children, a few of which decided to have races up and down the stairs at seven am. I know that this particular problem isn't the hotel's fault, but I suppose this is what a family friendly hotel is like. I wish there was some rule enforcement. Bring earplugs.

Be sure to request a non smoking room if you need one.
All in all, it's a cute local hotel, but considering the value, I liked the super 8 better.

• Stayed July 2012
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
In reply to “Cute Mom and Pop Hotel”
First, there are some really fine “Mom and Pop” Hotels, However, we do not quite fit into that category. We are a hotel with 65 Rooms, including Cottages, Jacuzzi Suites, Standard and Deluxe King and Double rooms, Pool, Hot Tub and Wet/Dry Sauna with staff on duty 24/7.
We are sorry that the guest feels there were a few problems, however there needs to be something said in defense of his comments.
First) - Housekeeping did give him towels when he requested them, and he is correct about his room not being serviced while he was here. This comes about for a couple of reasons. First there was a DND (Do Not Disturb) on his door most of the time during the day and there was also a pet in the room. Housekeepers are not allowed to enter a room with DND on the door, and they are not allowed in a room with a pet unless informed in advance that the pet is not there, or in a cage. Nothing was said by the guest about his room not being serviced until he checked out. If he had called down to the office at any time during his stay requesting service, we would have certainly sent someone up there to clean his room for him.
Second) – Noisy, We can only take the guests word for that. We have 65 rooms and none of the other rooms had any complaints. Yes, it can happen and there are occasional problems in any hotel. That being said, we would appreciate it, if any guests had a problem, that they inform us immediately so that we could resolve it, instead of letting the problem continue and then reporting it after the fact when nothing can be done.
Third) - Rule Enforcement? Yes, but only if we are made aware there is a problem.
Forth) - When he told us of the problem (after 2 days), we offered to extend his stay free of charge, However, he was not happy with that offer and wanted an upgrade to a Beachview Jacuzzi Suite from his standard hotel room, which we gave him. We try to keep all our guests happy!
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We took a trip to Biloxi last weekend to see the "Fata Morgana" show at the Beau Rivage. (See seperate review). We did not make a reservation before going because we did not know if we were going to spend the night or not. We stopped at the Welcome Center and was given a list of attractions participating in a summer visitors program. I went down the list and called for rates. When I called Edgewater I was greeted by a friendly gentleman who took my reservation and told me that I could check in earlier the 3:00 if the room was cleaned. We arrived at the Edgewater at around 1:30 and our room had just been finished so we were able to go right in. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. So different from some of the other hotels I had called earlier checking availability.
I understand that this Inn has been around for many years, even prior to the devastating hurricanes that have wreaked havoc on the coast. Well she has weathered the storms well and been very well maintained.
Well let me just say that when I opened the door of room 212 I was greeted by a pleasant smelling and exceptionally clean room. Although this was a smoking room it had no smoke odors, not even in the bed clothes or curtains. I pulled the bed coverings back and checked the sheets and they were freshly cleaned and pulled crisply on the bed. The comforter had even been tucked into a "hospital corner" if you know what that is. It is a good thing if you don't.
The room was clean and the very well appointed. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which had two double beds, microwave, fridge, coffee pot with coffee fixings, dining table and chairs, ironing board, iron and safe as well as a sink in the "kitchen area". There was a large mirrored vanity in the dressing area and even a brand new blow dryer. The bathroom was well lit with a dressing area and a large dressing mirror. If I have one negative it would be the water flow from the shower head. It was difficult to get a good shower due to the low pressure. With that being said this was only a minor inconvenience at best.
The swimming pool was nice, clean and refreshing. There were lots of chairs and tables surrounding the pool. The hot tub was the perfect temperature and felt really good. There was a large sun deck with tables and chairs that made for a nice place to sit and watch the sun come up and go down.
We had a very pleasant experience and will definately stay with them again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 212 which was all the way at the end and upstairs. This was actually a good room b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a getaway and the room was really nice, I was actually very surprised for the price and it being right across from the beach. The location was very great! We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I enjoy staying here due to the fact that it is kid- friendly and plenty to do for the kids. We love the staff and they are super helpful when we need something. The rooms are are plenty big enough for a night or week stay. I find that the location is right in the middle of everything. Beach Front !! We have always stayed here with our kids for vacation and find it relaxing every time we go. I hope that you will find this helpful for your stay also!! :))
Thanks to the staff,
The Duplechin's

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Lesha D.

Re: Stay here everytime!

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Edgewater Inn.
We are proud to be one of the most kid-friendly Hotels available on the Gulf Coast.
We understand how important it is for parents to want a clean, safe environment for their children, and, we work hard to ensure this is what you get when you stay with us.
On behalf of our staff, it was truly a pleasure to serve your family and we look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you so very much for the nice review!
Trish Adamic
Manager

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!