“This Old Gal Is Looking Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1936 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #10 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Zachary, Louisiana
“This Old Gal Is Looking Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We took a trip to Biloxi last weekend to see the "Fata Morgana" show at the Beau Rivage. (See seperate review). We did not make a reservation before going because we did not know if we were going to spend the night or not. We stopped at the Welcome Center and was given a list of attractions participating in a summer visitors program. I went down the list and called for rates. When I called Edgewater I was greeted by a friendly gentleman who took my reservation and told me that I could check in earlier the 3:00 if the room was cleaned. We arrived at the Edgewater at around 1:30 and our room had just been finished so we were able to go right in. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. So different from some of the other hotels I had called earlier checking availability.
I understand that this Inn has been around for many years, even prior to the devastating hurricanes that have wreaked havoc on the coast. Well she has weathered the storms well and been very well maintained.
Well let me just say that when I opened the door of room 212 I was greeted by a pleasant smelling and exceptionally clean room. Although this was a smoking room it had no smoke odors, not even in the bed clothes or curtains. I pulled the bed coverings back and checked the sheets and they were freshly cleaned and pulled crisply on the bed. The comforter had even been tucked into a "hospital corner" if you know what that is. It is a good thing if you don't.
The room was clean and the very well appointed. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which had two double beds, microwave, fridge, coffee pot with coffee fixings, dining table and chairs, ironing board, iron and safe as well as a sink in the "kitchen area". There was a large mirrored vanity in the dressing area and even a brand new blow dryer. The bathroom was well lit with a dressing area and a large dressing mirror. If I have one negative it would be the water flow from the shower head. It was difficult to get a good shower due to the low pressure. With that being said this was only a minor inconvenience at best.
The swimming pool was nice, clean and refreshing. There were lots of chairs and tables surrounding the pool. The hot tub was the perfect temperature and felt really good. There was a large sun deck with tables and chairs that made for a nice place to sit and watch the sun come up and go down.
We had a very pleasant experience and will definately stay with them again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 212 which was all the way at the end and upstairs. This was actually a good room b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a getaway and the room was really nice, I was actually very surprised for the price and it being right across from the beach. The location was very great! We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I enjoy staying here due to the fact that it is kid- friendly and plenty to do for the kids. We love the staff and they are super helpful when we need something. The rooms are are plenty big enough for a night or week stay. I find that the location is right in the middle of everything. Beach Front !! We have always stayed here with our kids for vacation and find it relaxing every time we go. I hope that you will find this helpful for your stay also!! :))
Thanks to the staff,
The Duplechin's

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Lesha D.

Re: Stay here everytime!

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Edgewater Inn.
We are proud to be one of the most kid-friendly Hotels available on the Gulf Coast.
We understand how important it is for parents to want a clean, safe environment for their children, and, we work hard to ensure this is what you get when you stay with us.
On behalf of our staff, it was truly a pleasure to serve your family and we look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you so very much for the nice review!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at The Edgewater Inn while in Biloxi for a dog show. Checked in on May 30th and out on June 3, 2012. We were in a non-smoking room on the ground floor in the back. We had a nice double with kitchenette and had plenty of room. Room was nice and clean had plenty of towels and staff were all friendly and concerned that we were comfortable. It is an older facility so it was a bit noisy but running the AC at a low temp to keep it running blocked out the noise.. The friend that was with me froze but I like it cold anyway! :-)
There were a lot of people hanging outside their rooms smoking and it caused us to smell the smoke in our rooms. I feel like they should possibly designate smoking areas. That would help. When we did tell the office we were bothered by the smoke and noise they took care of it promptly. So I have to say, all in all it was not bad. It is right across the street from the beach too!
The staff make this place! Did not meet one unfriendly person on their staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
edgeinn, Front Office Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Patti G.
Re: Close to Coliseum
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The positive feedback regarding your accommodations as well as our staff are greatly appreciated.
We do, however, apologies for the unfortunate experience you had regarding the smoking situation.
We welcome any and all advice as well as solutions that will help us to help our guest have a pleasant stay.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

When I reviewed this site for information, it appeared to be a great looking place. When we arrived, it was not what we expected. It is a motel with dated furniture that needs an upgrade. The carpet needs to be replaced as well. I would not recommend this motel for a couples weekend get away:(

Room Tip: Choose your hotel wisely!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear NOLAZoe
Re: Don’t be fooled
Thank you for the post about Edgewater Inn. We are sorry to hear that your stay at our establishment did not meet your expectations.
You stated that our Hotel was not at all what you expected once you arrived. You mentioned it to be old and considered it to be a Motel, and in your opinion not what you wanted for a couples getaway.
We are truly sorry for your unpleasant experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies.
Given the unfortunate experience you had here at the Edgewater Inn, we would like to extend to you a discounted rate on one of our lovely suites.
Upon your next visit to Biloxi, please contact me, Trish Adamic and allow us to make a reservation for you in one of our suites.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I spent one night in Biloxi on a business trip and stayed here last month. The staff was friendly and the owner, Bob, was very helpful! The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable! The location is very central to everything including casinos, numerous restaurants, and the beach was across the street! I'll have to bring my family to Biloxi this summer and stay here again. Hopefully, we'll get a minute discount for being repeat customers! I would highly recommend the Edgewater Inn to anyone who travels to Biloxi whether it's a family vacation, reunion, weekend getaway, or on business trip.

Room Tip: The hotel staff is very accommodating and helpful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
edgeinn, Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Cindy

Thank you so much for the lovely review about our Hotel. We are so pleased that you thought so highly of us to make such a wonderful comment.

All of us at the Edgewater Inn take pride in this Hotel, and, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Again, Thank you!

Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We always target this motel whenever we're in the area. The rooms are all decorated differently in a most professional manner. The rooms are also exceptionally clean and offer a comfortable bed with tasteful furnishings. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. This motel is located directly across the street from the Gulf and some rooms offer a very nice view. Although we are not high-rollers, we do enjoy spending a few hours in a casino. The Treasure Bay Hotel/Casino is located next door and is an easy walk from the Inn. I might add that this is a pet-friendly establishment, but you could never detect that there had ever been a pet in any of the rooms. The cleaning staff does an excellent job of keeping the rooms pristine. If you're ever in the area, check it out ... you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, however, you might want to request the Gulf view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
edgeinn, Front Office Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you very much for posting this review.

It is our pleasure to ensure our guests' needs are taken care of during their stay with us.

We take pride in our Hotel and want to ensure that our guest have /had a comfortable stay.

Many thanks as well for your highlights of our clean rooms and our friendly staff.

On behalf of our Owner, "Mr. Bennett", and myself, "Trish Adamic,Office Manager and staff" we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!