“Great Ambience Overlooking the Gulf” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 189 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Tapas
Virginia
“Great Ambience Overlooking the Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had dinner all by my lonesome one night and the server treated me as if I was the important person there. The food was delicious and inventive. Later in the week I had dinner in the form of two appetizers in the bar section of Blu. Fantastic. There was I think a shrimp appetizer with mango that was out of this world. Look for the tapas happy hour specials that they have a couple of nights a week. Well worth it.

Visited January 2013
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Blu, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of your recent experience at blu and for the glowing review of our product. We are thrilled you enjoyed the inventive menu and personal service. Please consider visiting us again soon.

Katy, Texas
“Second visit as good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I visited blu again last week; it is located on the 9th floor of Treasure Bay hotel and casino. Again, we went on a Monday night when their tapas menu is all 1/2 off. Even at full price, their food would be worth it, but 1/2 off made it awesome. I had the grilled ahi tuna with caviar, fried softshell crab sliders, and a really rich hot seafood dip with fried pita chips. It iss the best deal in town on a Monday. Get there in time to watch the sunset through their giant tinted windows, it adds to the experience.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Blu, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our product and for detailing the items that you enjoyed. The team in blu will be extremely happy to hear the many accolades that you bestowed upon them. We hope you visit again soon.
kappyfish
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Monday appetizers are half price! Mushrooms are great and tuna appetizer is good too! The view is wonderful, be there for sunset.

Visited July 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to compose a review of your experience in blu. Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed the tuna appetizer and sunset view. We hope you’ll visit us for half-priced tapas on Monday again soon!
smiths station
“wonderful food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

menu needs to be expanded-perhaps a surf and turf-or a seafood salad-soft music would have drowned out the a/c noise a bit.-good service-short wait-just really needs a more varied menu. Reservations seem to preferred-we had not reserved-requested and were seated with a window view

Visited July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of your recent dining experience. Although our menu does not feature a Surf and Turf entrée, we do offer a selection of fine steaks and an Accompaniments menu that offers numerous seafood additions from Maine lobster tail to poached oysters. Typically we do feature soft music in both CQ, our fine dining restaurant and blu, our tapas lounge; my apologies that it was not playing the night of your visit. You are correct, we do request reservations but we make every effort to accept walk in guests. I hope that overall you enjoyed your experience and would consider dining with us again soon.
Katy, Texas
“You know it's good when the locals go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I ate at Blu when we stayed at Treasure Bay back in October; I was unable to review it then because it wasn't on the list yet. We went during the week when they had 1/2 off appetizers, and it was fantastic. Soft shell crab was by far my favorite. We spoke to some locals who told us they come during the week for the specials because it is one of the best places in town. The ambience is very serene, and gives the best view of the sunset we had all week.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to compose this and other reviews. We are very pleased you enjoyed your experience in blu. We hope that you will visit us again soon and again provide honest feedback of our gaming, dining, and hotel product.