“We went back twice!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 189 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The original is in Pass Christian, Shaggy's Harbor Bar and Grill. They just opened this one about two months ago.
Medusa, New York
“We went back twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Shaggy's is a place to relax, sit on the deck, stare at the gulf, and have some good eats. The char-broiled oysters were yummy, the crab cakes were excellent, and the pulled pork was tender and tasty. The waitress, Brandy, was friendly and attentive. What more could we ask for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth
“Great Views”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had been begging to go to Shaggy's because I always saw crowds there. Well..... I guess they were tourist. The view outside is wonderful, the limited menu was ok, the food was cooked to order and tasted ok. I thought it was a little expensive for what you were served. Go for fun and the view with your friends, if you are looking for great seafood try one of the other many great places in Gulfport and Biloxi.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
“Beach, beer and sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Shaggy's is a great beach find. I didn't go with high expectations as we just walked over from our next-door hotel on the beach. Was I happy we did! The fried green tomato appetizer with remoulade and crabmeat on top was sublime. Then we had grilled salmon with a lemon butter cream sauce, mashed potatoes and mixed sautéed veggies. Fantastically fresh and grilled just right!
Service was friendly and our waitress, Bunny, made great suggestions and was so sweet.
Our kids played on the beach while we enjoyed the sun on the deck and our drinks.
We loved the drinks for happy hour and left satisfied and happy both times we visited!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Looks can be deceiving!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

From the looks of the restaurant I immediately got excited. Was in town visiting and was craving some great seafood. This place was recommended by a friend (clearly I need to find better friends) and I was not impressed. So here we go: I started my visit by ordering raw oysters which were warm and not served even served on ice, just on something that looked like ice. I proceeded to order the seafood sampler which comes with fried catfish, french fries, jalapeño hush puppies, fried shrimp and fried oysters, all of which were I'm sure fried all is the same oil. My french fries tasted more like fish than potato. To say the least, I was highly disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Alabama
“yummy shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

we visited here on our trip and the food was delicious! i ordered the shrimp basket, listed on their menu it says fried, i asked if they had anything grilled! the server said they could do any of their food grilled. i didnt expect it to be that great but this shrimp was amazing. i also ordered a white peach margarita that was really good. we did sit outside and it was a little cool but, we also requested it because of the beautiful view. you can choose to sit inside or out or even their bar area! seating and service was very prompt we will eat here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food