“Stalla how we love you” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 210 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stalla creates just the right recipe for an evening of classic Italian food: a reasonably priced menu of gourmet selections paired with premium Italian wines and excellent, attentive service. Stalla's traditional menu, inspired by the northern Italian countryside, is reminiscent of Old World-style restaurants in New York's Little Italy. "It's a great value," says Anthony Caratozzolo, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage. "You're going to get large portions." So prepare to indulge. Enjoy staples like spaghetti and meatballs, one of five $14 brick oven pizzas, and a variety of soups and salads; or try one of Stalla's long-time favorite entree and pasta dishes: lobster ravioli, chicken parmigiana, veal piccatta and lasagna.
“Stalla how we love you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

A little late in writing this review. We have been here four times for dinner in this beautiful elegant establishment. Each time we ordered the rib eye steak-omg melt in your mouth deliciousness ! Our sides varied but the garlicky creamy polenta is amazing. We also split the lobster ravioli which is made in-house soooo good!! We were always treated with the utmost respect and were never rushed! Will absolutely visit again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Destin, Florida
“Excellent Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Loved everything! the mushroom risotto was wonderful. I asked for it with the roasted chicken which was fall off the bone delicious.
Service was wonderful! Will dine again.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Terrific dinner choice in Biloxi.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very impressed with my experience at Stalla. Met a co-worker for dinner and we started at the bar for drinks and appetizers. Both the crab cakes and beef carpaccio were excellent and bartender was providing such great drinks and service that we decided to order our entrees without moving to a table. I throughly enjoyed my scallops with mushroom risotto while co-worker raved about her fish in a spicy Thai-like sauce. We were beyond full and unfortunately neither of us had room to try one of the delicious looking desserts. Already looking forward to a return visit!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“It's called Stall-a for a reason”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I rarely rate a restaurant this poorly but Stall-a deserved it and less. We had a 7:30 reservation on a Wednesday night in January -- not a particularly busy time at the Beau Rivage. We checked in promptly and were told it would be just a minute. Ten minutes later my wife asked the hostess if there was a problem (as we noticed the hostesses and wait staff scurrying back and forth) and the hostess replied "We are waiting for menus to return". Okay, I've eaten in 1000s of restaurants around the world but have never heard that one. Not having menus available can mean only three things -- they literally didn't order enough menus when they opened the place up (unlikely); they seated a lot of diners at about the same time (not good), or there are a lot of diners with menus sitting around waiting for someone to take their order (not good either). Perhaps it was a stall-a technique. As we waited I noticed a table in the bar that hadn't been bussed and never was for the 15 minutes we waited (another bad sign). Finally we were seated so the disaster of an evening could get started with earnest. The waitperson was pleasant enough. We ordered one appetizer, a Caesar salad to share, a rigatoni dish and a Margharita pizza (and a bottle of champagne). Not a particularly complicated order. Champagne arrived fairly quickly but nothing else did. Thirty minutes to get our bruschetta (it was bland so I reach for the salt shaker -- oops no salt or pepper on the table and noticed that neither table on either side of us had salt or pepper either); thirty more minutes to get the salad (boring again); and then after waiting for thirty more minutes (yes, a total of an hour and a half) we flagged down our waitress and asked why it was taking so long to get our entrees -- "I don't know I fired the order right in" was her reply. I then flagged down a fellow who appeared to be the manager. He checked the kitchen and came back with some flatbread and a bowl of sauce as an appeasement (something they clearly just slapped on a plate) and apologized for the "mix up" in the kitchen -- in other words our order was no where to be found. Ok, just bring us the check we've out of here. He goes away, comes back a few minutes later and says there is no need for us to pay -- sorry. Ok, great that they ripped up the check but that wasn't the point. I would have been happy to pay -- if we had ever received our simple entrees. The place was a disaster. Maybe it was just one of those nights but I won't be trying it again to find out. Although I do have the greatest "stall-a" the customer story to tell the next time I'm kept waiting for a table.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank DRLand
Columbia, South Carolina
“Better than expected. Lest I condemn with feint praise, the food was really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The bread basket is off the charts good. My husband really enjoyed the rigatoni. I snuck a bite or two, and then maybe a third. Not my thing, but it was tasty enough for a third stealth bite. I had the margherita pizza. I was disappointed, but my husband disagreed. For me, there was not enough of the ingredients that make a pizza a pizza, the things that make it gooey and yummy, cheese and tomatoes, at least for the margherita pizza.

• Visited December 2012