“hotel from Hell” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Belle Chasse
“hotel from Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

It was the hotel from hell, 1st when we got there i could not find our room because to number was missing from the door so i when back to the lobby and they came out and put a sticky note and taped it to the door with our number on it ,
Then upon opening the room the A/C was broken ,so I when back to the lobby to tell them know about the A/C.(they don’t answer the phone )
The bath room had black mole on the roof , the water was opposite (cold was hot and hot was cold ) thank goodness that I checked the water every time my kids get into the bath because what I thought was to be cold was HOT water , so then I try to make the best of it and bring my kids to the pool , well that was even a joke we go to the kiddy pool because by daughter is only 4 and the big pool had way to many people in it , my son cut his big toe on the trap for the water at the bottom of the pool so I go to the office and ask for a manger and do they have a first aid kit they gave me a band aid and told me he would call me (still waiting on them to call me 3 days later) about the accented in the pool, it was just horrible, next time I go to Mississippi I will rent a condo , at less I know they keep up there places a lot better then the super 8 in Biloxi ,also the room are not the same as they have on the web site ,

Kelly Holder
Belle chasse ,la

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Sign read "New Rooms" "Breakfast"--we found neither. We stood almost 5 minutes before the clerk ever acknowledged our presence. She acted as though we were interrupting her. Although there were few guests that night, we were assigned a room at the very back of the motel (we think because we presented our AARP card). The room was clean. The door did not fit and we could see daylight streaming in around the entire door. The extra lock, that prevents anyone with a key from coming in, was broken off. Room was stuffy and the air conditioner never really cooled it off. Our television stopped working and was off for several hours. Huge pool--needed cleaning. We found no breakfast in the morning--but thankfully Biloxi has an abundance of Waffle House Cafes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Rapids, Wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Another example of what not planning in advance can get you. The pictures on the internet looked good, the only nice thing was the lobby. The rooms were small and not clean. The website said right across from the beach. Well across the street were two lots full of rubble from the hurricane with private property signs on them. If we had known it would be that bad we would have kept on driving.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
CoastConCheri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was the hotel liaison for a moderately sized sci-fi convention that used the Super 8 as our host hotel this year, and always found the Management and staff very professional and accommodating.
When one of our Convention Guests questioned us about the reviews they had read online about this hotel, we conducted a surprise inspection, photographing the interior and exterior of the property. Everything was clean, well kept, and in order on that day and on the day of the event. I think many of the complaints you see online about this hotel are out of date and do not reflect the current property or it's management.
Our convention goers booked over a hundred rooms at the Biloxi super 8, and every attendee I spoke to found the hotel to be clean, functional, and safe. They also found the staff there helpful and willing to work through any problems that arose. We also had several events at the hotel over the course of a weekend, and yet never noticed any accumulation of trash or litter anywhere on the property.
Our governing committee was so impressed by the hotel and its Management that we have already decided to have the super 8 as our host hotel again next year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I was a little worried after reading previous reviews on what I would find at this Super 8 Hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The guy at check-in was very friendly and gave me and my boyfriend a buy 1 get 1 free buffet coupon. The room was in great condition. It smelled very nice, had a good view of the pool(even though it was to cool to swim, it was nice and clean and pleasant to look at). The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom not having a door! I do prefer privacy when I'm in the bathroom! The room was pleasant though and the bed comfortable with everything in good working order. I never saw any of the before mentioned partyers, hookers, drug dealers, etc. and I was out late at night. Some guy did approach us the next morning to buy what was probably a stolen camcorder, but he was just passing through, not hanging out there.The continental breakfast was pretty decent too, and kept very clean and well stocked. I enjoyed my stay here and will stay here again next time I need an affordable place on Biloxi Beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Thibodaux, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

This was the worst experience ever!!! When we walked up to check in there was someone complaining about their toilet bubbling and would not flush, we didn't think anything about it. When we got to our room, first off it smelled literally like [-]. The toilet would not flush, we contacted the front desk and she said that she would send someone out to check it. We went out for the night and upon our return (about 2 am). The toilet still would not flush and the sewerage (poo and all) was backing up into the tub. We immediately called the front desk and they came with a room key to move us to a different room. We had to pack up all of our stuff and move to the other side of the hotel and to the top floor. In my opinion, if it is known that there is a problem with the pluming, these rooms should not be rented out!! This was VERY unsanitary! The advertisements on the internet were very deceiving.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything! (except location)
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I stayed to visit some family and for a last minute hotel booking this what I expected. I loved the spacious room, and the front desk lady was kind. The only thing I can say that I really didn't like was the flushing of the toilet. The plumbing was pretty bad and you had to hold to flush. It wasn't that big of a deal but it would be something that needs to be worked on. Aside from that, their was someone's old stale potato chip bag laying under the bed, which shows they don't clean under there.

I did like that it was across the street from a shell station, which was convenient plus the motel is right next door from a Hooters and Waffle House. It's about a five minute walk from all 3 of those places.

I would stay there again if I needed a cheap place to stay. It wasn't bad at all, it was definitely better than nothing

• Liked — The pricing was good.
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Biloxi? Share your experiences!