“vacation” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel - Biloxi to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel - Biloxi
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cartersville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had stayed in this motel in December 2013....we were having to find a place at the last minute at 2am, The experience was FANTASTIC....room was great , It was quiet, BUT....It was winter...:(
Skip to JULY 2014....Based on our last stay , We decided to not even look for another motel, We booked what was supposed to be a room in the front...We booked it 2 months in advance, for two nights, for around $120. a night , We were soooo looking forward to having a nice relaxing mini vacation from all the bustle and stress of living in the Atlanta area....maybe a really long dip in the pool, (which was my only priority)....would have been fantastic, considering I didn't even look at the beautiful pool in the brochure the last time we were there cause it was very cold ...WELL.....This is how it worked out......
When we got there....It seems that the somewhat of a manager (Saul ..I think his name was..or San..)...wasn't to interested in giving us what we originally asked for...A ROOM CLOSE TO THE FRONT.....He said they were all booked up and the only thing left was in the very back...I was not to happy .....He also reminded me of how lucky we were to be getting that rate...because the same room was now renting for $169. a night because they were having a very busy weekend.. OHHH We felt soooo LUCKY (Uhhh DUHHH....I think the reason I got that rate was because We booked it off the internet 2 MONTH IN ADVANCE....Uh DUHHHH!!!! ) and besides that...If you raise your rate on the simple fact that it a very busy weekend...isn't that price gouging ???
So we trotted our little lucky selves on to the back where we actually had second thoughts about even getting out of our car...It looked to me like the area we were going to be in was reserved for gangsters and drug dealers...( I am not imagining this...REMEMBER...I'm from Atlanta...)...We decided to go back and ask for a closer room to the front, after a very agitated look ...The covered in tattoos receptionist (very professional looking...YEAH RIGHT) gave us a different room....So once again we trotted our very lucky selves up to the second floor (We had booked a first floor room for a reason....That went out the window....with that secure feeling of feeling safe)....We get to the room....use our key to open it....At first we were startled...we thought we were in someone elses room...we were mistaken...It was the maid kicked back chatting on the phone with her friends....when she looked up at us with our luggage in hand...she had this look on her face as if we were kicking her out of HER ROOM.....but...she probably thought it was going to be useless to argue the point that maybe we should come back later when she was finished her phone call...so she got up and walked out while still being chatty on the phone (didn't skip a beat) ....lol...
We thought ..."Hey...lets go for a dip in the pool and forget all this and try to enjoy ourselves" ...Got to the pool....NOT THE POOL IN THE PICTURE.....very dirty ,couldn't see to the bottom and had what looked like a oily film over the top....Besides that...It really wasn't the pool in the picture....REALLY )....after being in the oil trap for about 1 minute...We realized the pool is only 5 feet deep....couldn't even swim to the other side without scraping my knees on the bottom...(.THEN....about 8 kids came in the pool....and there just wasn't enough room for all 10 of us...REALLY....no lie)....I guess I should rap this up....don't have time to tell the whole story about how our car almost (by about an inch both times) got hit sitting in the parking lot...or the fact that when we got back from the beach exhausted....were locked out of our room...cause they changed the code on the door thinking we had checked out....then realized after walking to the front...that they had made a mistake and now realiseing we still had another night paid up....(My wife was NOT happy walking in her bathing suit passed all the thuggy looking charaters to get them to let us in while I waited outside our room to make sure all our stuff didn't get stolen.......so anyway....Would I recommend this place?......Everyday and twice on Sundays.....If you like taking your life in your on hands and risking it to have something bad happen to you and your family.....As far as I'm concerned...I am thinking that ALL SUPER 8's are like this now and will never stay in another one again.....I hope this helps someone who is considering staying here.....As for the rest of my two day stay....other than the motel....Everybody in Biloxi were really really friendly......and the food at Bay Back seafood restaurant and Blow Fly inn and Cajuns Chicken was great and very reasonable.....I can't say enough about the people.....Good Luck and be safe
WAYNE

Room Tip: Look at another motel....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San N, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Biloxi, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for writing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 228-385-7919
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is it. Pool, near beach, fridge and microwave in room and breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff.
Good towels and towels for the pool too. Always a good rate!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 228-385-7919.

Thank you again for taking the time to this review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Bogalusa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

There's no free WiFi. A/C in first room was broken. Called front desk to ask them about switching rooms, clerk said she would get maintenance to come look at it. Waited 20 minutes, still no one. Called back to ask why they could not just give us another room and the clerk hung up on me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for writing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Been to Super 8 Motel - Biloxi? Share your experiences!