“Over and Above” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 45 hotels in Biloxi
Spicewood, Texas
“Over and Above”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a two week 3600 mile road trip in my 1929 Ford Street Rod and stayed one nite in Biloxi at the Super 8. Normally, Super 8 motels are average places to stay and reasonable; however, the staff and service made this location a 5 star experience. The motel is clean, furniture is in good condition, has a great breakfast, is in a great location, beds were very comfy, easy access to the internet...overall nice place. We checked in and went to dinner and visited the casino just down the street. When we returned the car died just as I pulled into the parking space and would not restart. I looked it over in the morning and found the coil wire had burned thru on the exhaust. I talked to Dana at the front desk who provided info on car part store locations, phone numbers, etc; however, none were within walking distance. Dana gave me, a complete stranger, the keys to her personal vehicle and said to get what I needed. The repair was going to make us run past the check out time but Dana said not to worry. I was able to get to the car parts store, get the part, make the repair, and get on the road after cleaning up thanks to her kindness. We plan to be in Biloxi in October and have already made reservations at this property and will certainly come back in the future. Dana turned a bad situation into a positive experience. Great place and great service.......THANKS DANA FOR GOING WELL OVER AND ABOVE WHAT IS EXPECTED.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night while passing through Biloxi. With a quite inexpensive rate, I expected this Super 8 to be an in and out type place. Instead it was incredible! I wish we could have stayed one more night just because I liked this hotel and location so much.

Check in was effortless. The room was super clean and, while the furnishings were somewhat basic, they were in very good condition. The bed was comfy and felt clean (I didn't mind touching the comforter unlike in some places!). The bathroom was also really clean. Soap and shampoo was provided, and it seemed a step up from the cheapest stuff. Shower had good pressure and temp.

The decor in the lobby was clean, attractive, and slightly retro, which was part of the charm - cool swooping double staircase with two American flags hanging inside. The whole lobby looks onto the beach across the road. Breakfast was until 9:30 and the women kept things out a little longer for us without complaint. Lots of choice especially for a cheaper hotel - two cereals, oatmeal, waffles, apples, bread, yogurt packs, coffee, juice, and probably more. There was also to-go coffee in the lobby.

We had a room overlooking the pool in the middle of the courtyard portion of the hotel and could not resist a swim. It was big and very clean and seemed secure against kids accidentally entering high fence with a latch from the top of the gate). The main pool was a little shallow - where it said it was five feet it was probably only four which I think is just the way it was designed. Made me giggle but is probably better for people bringing their kids and worried about the deep end.

We were a little late checking out due to our swim and this was no issue. A woman knocked to see if we were staying on but was very polite and nice.

Here's the most awesome part - I has a very important document to print but the lobby printer wasn't working. The desk staff member went out of her way to check on the printer and then finally someone who I think was the owner offered to let me print the doc on a hotel office computer! Everyone was so kind and accommodating - I was blown away.

We didn't get to spend much time on the beach but it was just across the road a few steps away. The hotel is also very co convenient to everything along the Biloxi strip.

I was completely impressed with this hotel and its staff and management. If you want a simple, clean, comfy and service-oriented hotel practically on the beach in Biloxi, stay here!! Great value, clean rooms, excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean and had all the basics, with easy access to the beach across the street. Didn't use the pool, but others there said they enjoyed it. Slow elevator. Parking close to a door is a challenge on the weekend. Staff was very friendly, although it seemed a little overwhelmed at the front desk sometimes. We stayed a full week plus a day, and got a good rate, yet there was no bargain on the extra day's stay. The bed was a lacking a little quality. (not very supportive or soft) Needed to get new towels during the week, as with the weekly rate, there is minimal housekeeping. Overall, for the little time we spent in the room, it worked well for our purposes.

Room Tip: Ocean View Suite is roomy and the view is terrific.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marrero, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

room was as desribed. kid pool was very nice for my two year old to walk bc it was two feet. But it is worth the price. Best selection for the price in Biloxi. I have stayed at other surrounding hotel and they were in worst condition then this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel - Biloxi? Share your experiences!