“The Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Biloxi
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1870 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #27 of 44 hotels in Biloxi

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Baton Rouge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me and my family travel here annually and have been doing so for the last 15 years or more. We have stayed at this hotel every year except the first year. We block book at least 25 or more rooms. I was told that I could get an early check in if the rooms were available I went to the front desk and was told as soon as the room becomes available I could check in I went and sat under the tree with my family who had checked in the night before. We watched staff clean four rooms in the area where we were block booked. I went to the desk to inquire about my room and was very disrespected in front of other guests and my family. I have never felt so belittled from a vendor I was providing money to use their services. I spoke to the manager who stated he would get a room as soon as possible. I went back after 4 pm and still encountered problems checking in the room that the manager had prepared for me and assigned to me was given to someone else. I was assigned room 191 which was on the other side of the building from my family and I felt left out and became quite upset so I spent my annual family vacation in the room. This was by far the worst experience I have ever ever had. I have recommended the hotel to family and coworkers to use when the frequent the area but that will no longer happen. I know I am merely one person and my opinion doesn't matter when you look at the big picture but it matters to me and my family who wanted to get a refund and relocate immediately after the incident

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Motel - Biloxi, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience, and yes your opinion does matter. We do not allow check in before 3pm unless the room was unoccupied from the night before, but we had full occupancy prior evening. It does take time to clean 200+ rooms, especially with guests checking out after 11am. Our weekend housekeeping staff is 4x as large and moves as quickly as possible. Regarding your block, we apologize if your rooms were not all in the same area of the property, but this is not always guaranteed depending on room types available. Further, for a block of 25 rooms, which is a large amount, we have group booking policies so our hotel is not left with a large amount of vacant rooms at the last minute. We are obligated to you to hold these rooms that could otherwise be sold to another guest, especially on heavier occupancy evenings. There is a cancellation policy of 1 week for groups which allows you to cancel the room and give us enough time to re-book.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Dana was the most help and friendly clerk than i have ran across in forever she really cares for the customer she needs to be reconised for such a great job.I will stay here again when I come back to Biloxi.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your stay and compliments on Dana! We look forward to having you return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

All was a good value for the money EXCEPT the filthy pool We were hoping to swim a lot but you couldn't even see the bottom of the pool. My little girl begged to get in so I let her swim for 30 minutes and when she got out, her white new swimsuit was yellow and dingy. So we paid $30 each to get into the water park so the kids could swim in a clean pool. And please, Super 8, don't respond to this by saying you will notify the company that takes care of your pool because I see others have complained of this in weeks prior to our trip and you obviously did NOTHING to clean that nasty pool. Housekeepers and desk staff were nice and room was decent for the price. And beds were actually quite comfy to us. So if pool had been clean, I would have had nothing bad to say. But the pool was a very important thing to us for our vacation.

• Stayed June 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay as a result of the pool. We have actually resolved the concern as it was two fold. We assessed that the sand in the filter needed changing, which was the main reason and has been repaired. The other is overuse, however, this can be managed easily once the sand was replaced.
We apologize for the inopportune timing of your visit with this maintenance concern of the pool, however, it has been resolved. We care about our operation and will do our timely best to correct concerns once we learn of any deficiencies.

Been to Super 8 Motel - Biloxi? Share your experiences!