“Good location but far from perfect” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Monticello, Arkansas
“Good location but far from perfect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Holiday Inn is in a good location directly across from the beach. Unfortunately they do not include a free breakfast. The swimming pool was filthy and in need of a good cleaning. The air conditioning would not cool the room and made loud noises all through the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Mister_High,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. I am happy that you liked the location. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you have encountered over the pool's cleanliness and the loud air conditioning unit. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Oh, gosh, this internet is insanely slow... I'm on the 2nd floor halfway down the hall and the internet is terrible. I can't open two tabs at once,
Its look reminds me of the Marriott style. It's chic and clean, but the room is very clammy-- I feel so sticky.
The beach is right across the street. :)
No free breakfast, but the slow wi-fi is free.
Desk woman was very nice and helpful.

The best rate on a 2-queen room on the strip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Gabrielle S,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your stay with us. We do regret to see any slowness with the internet and any lack of comfort in the room. We do appreciate your kind words for our staff as well as the high scores for Service, Value, and Cleanliness. We do take these reviews seriously as they help us with any future changes we make to improve for our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope that should you return to Biloxi we might be your hotel of choice to show you how great we really are.

Adrian D.
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was by far the worst holiday inn I have stayed in. There were holes in the couch, the floor felt like it was covered in slime and there was a hard plastic thing poking out of the matress that poked my daughter all night long. There were 5 of us in this room, I was going to take the sofa bed since my daughters had to compete early the next morning and needed a good nights rest. The sofa bed was disgusting and and the matress was maybe 2 inches deep total. I ended up getting an airmatress out of my trunk to sleep on. This was a 1 night reservation for a dance competition that was that weekend. Since it was only for 1 night and my girls had to get up early the next morning to compete, we stayed even though we should have gone somewhere else. The hotel smelled of mildew, the pool water was green so they were not able to swim like we wanted to. The lobby has been updated however the rest of the hotel has not and it seemed as though they put a nice lobby on a motel 6. Had I known this hotel was this bad, I would not have used my points to book this room, (room 401) and would have paid to go to a different hotel. This hotel category is no where near where it should be but I assume because it is across the street from a beach (with hardly anything near by except for a run down neighborhood behind it) it gets a higher category? I would not stay here if given the choice again.

I

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear shawnaz04,

Ferdinand G
HATTIESBURG
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Need something plain, simple and basic then this is your hotel. For the price I think there should be some upgrades in the room such as Newer model television, microwave, and fridge. Of all the HI I've stayed at this is the first one that did not serve breakfast.
The King bed room was spacious and everything was clean, however it was very warm in the corridor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MZMCKENZ,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with the room amenities in your room and the unusual temperature of our corridors did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize we do not have free breakfast. However, we have a restaurant on-site that do serve different choices of food. We assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

First the room smell like mildew. Toilet over flowed at night time . Did not send maintenance until morning time. Had to use first floor restroom. Vending machines were always empty. After washing clothes the dryer would not dry the clothes. One time calling for wash cloths was told they had none clean because of shortage of employees.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Tlantia,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Keesler AFB. It is conveniently located to the base and is just across the street from the beach. The hotel is pretty much a standard Holiday Inn except it has an added feature that each one of their rooms has a beach view. If you plan to visit the Biloxi casinos, the hotel is not near any of them. The closest one is Treasure Bay and it is probably a mile walk. Treasure Bay supposedly has a pick up van but I was never able to get it. If you want to go to the big casinos you need to take a taxi. I had a car so it was not a problem. The best thing this hotel has going for it was a great front desk staff. They were very responsive to all needs. I will return the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Usually I find that I cannot go wrong with Holiday Inn, and this place was no exception. Of course, some Holiday Inns are a bit more grand than others, and this one appears to be a more "basic" sort. I didn't find it run down or dirty, but it has a "generic" feel to it, in a sense. The rooms were clean enough, and the decor was in the typical "modern style" that most other hotels have adopted. The small lobby area seemed clean, and the corridors were maintained. The hotel's location across the beach would be perfect in great weather; unfortunately, it was a bit cool and drizzly during our quick stay. I was a little disappointed that the on-site restaurant didn't have a lounge, although we were told we could order drinks in the restaurant.

I was originally quoted a rate of $119, but another couple was inquiring about vacancies at the very same time, and they were told the rate would be $109 by the person assisting them. The lady assisting me quickly told me she'd give me that same rate, which I appreciated. Although she was the only person on staff with whom I had any contact, she seemed very nice.

Drawback: the "Highway from Hell" outside the hotel's front door. It's a beautiful drive along the highway, but I couldn't believe how congested the traffic gets (or how no one seems to know how to drive, especially when turning at traffic lights). No reflection on the hotel, but I wonder how many people pass this place by because of how the roads are configured.

All in all a decent stay. Would recommend for anyone wanting quick beach access away from the casinos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!