“Plain and Simple” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
HATTIESBURG
“Plain and Simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Need something plain, simple and basic then this is your hotel. For the price I think there should be some upgrades in the room such as Newer model television, microwave, and fridge. Of all the HI I've stayed at this is the first one that did not serve breakfast.
The King bed room was spacious and everything was clean, however it was very warm in the corridor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MZMCKENZ,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with the room amenities in your room and the unusual temperature of our corridors did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize we do not have free breakfast. However, we have a restaurant on-site that do serve different choices of food. We assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

First the room smell like mildew. Toilet over flowed at night time . Did not send maintenance until morning time. Had to use first floor restroom. Vending machines were always empty. After washing clothes the dryer would not dry the clothes. One time calling for wash cloths was told they had none clean because of shortage of employees.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Tlantia,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Keesler AFB. It is conveniently located to the base and is just across the street from the beach. The hotel is pretty much a standard Holiday Inn except it has an added feature that each one of their rooms has a beach view. If you plan to visit the Biloxi casinos, the hotel is not near any of them. The closest one is Treasure Bay and it is probably a mile walk. Treasure Bay supposedly has a pick up van but I was never able to get it. If you want to go to the big casinos you need to take a taxi. I had a car so it was not a problem. The best thing this hotel has going for it was a great front desk staff. They were very responsive to all needs. I will return the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Usually I find that I cannot go wrong with Holiday Inn, and this place was no exception. Of course, some Holiday Inns are a bit more grand than others, and this one appears to be a more "basic" sort. I didn't find it run down or dirty, but it has a "generic" feel to it, in a sense. The rooms were clean enough, and the decor was in the typical "modern style" that most other hotels have adopted. The small lobby area seemed clean, and the corridors were maintained. The hotel's location across the beach would be perfect in great weather; unfortunately, it was a bit cool and drizzly during our quick stay. I was a little disappointed that the on-site restaurant didn't have a lounge, although we were told we could order drinks in the restaurant.

I was originally quoted a rate of $119, but another couple was inquiring about vacancies at the very same time, and they were told the rate would be $109 by the person assisting them. The lady assisting me quickly told me she'd give me that same rate, which I appreciated. Although she was the only person on staff with whom I had any contact, she seemed very nice.

Drawback: the "Highway from Hell" outside the hotel's front door. It's a beautiful drive along the highway, but I couldn't believe how congested the traffic gets (or how no one seems to know how to drive, especially when turning at traffic lights). No reflection on the hotel, but I wonder how many people pass this place by because of how the roads are configured.

All in all a decent stay. Would recommend for anyone wanting quick beach access away from the casinos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Queidersbach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Typical holiday inn, except no free breakfast. Right next to the beach, short drive to the casinos and air base, as well as lots of restaurants and shopping. Pool is fine, wifi is fast. Thai food on site. Beds are comfortable, normal holiday inn standard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Brian D,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
College Station, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I was in Biloxi for my stepdaughter's graduation. I didn't want the noise and such that comes with a casino hotel so I chose this one.

I was very happy with my choice. When I checked in the desk clerk was very nice and when, on my last scheduled night, I needed to add one more night I had no problems.

The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

I think that with the way the hotel is situated every room probably has a view of the gulf, which is nice.

There is no breakfast.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March. It is really run-down. Particularly bad was the bathroom. It was moldy and there are cracks all over the walls. There was mildew in the tub grout. The bedroom is dated and tired looking and didn't seem too clean. The ice machine on the 4th floor didn't work and the laundry room reeked of mildew. The man at the front desk was courteous but certainly could not be characterized as friendly. Lastly the best thing about the room was the view of the beach across the street but it is busily being obstructed by the construction between the hotel and the water. Sorry but find somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear elisemarie31,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Biloxi, we hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!