“Probably will avoid.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Tampa
“Probably will avoid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for a couple weeks beacuse of its location. This hotel has a nice location. The hotel is clean but there was a smell in my room. The carpets need to be cleaned. Soda machines not working for weeks. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel has a nice location. It is across the street from the beach. The hotel is clean but there was a smell in my room. The carpet probably needs to be clearn. I had to spray Lysol each time I came into the room. If you get breakfast with your room, it is just a $20 coupon. The resturante onsite is ok. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Bring a can of lysol with you. The rooms have an odor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Rooms comfortable, clean beds, soft sheets. Microwave and refrigerator a nice plus. Noticeable smell of smoke in the hallways on the 2nd and 4th floors. Limited parking near rooms though there is extra parking behind the hotel. Pool okay. Cheap 2-night stay close to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for beach-front room if possible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had reservation for 3 nights at Holiday Inn Biloxi Ms .I was traveling with my 2 daughters. We arrived at approx. 7 pm. The front desk clerk was very unfriendly and mumbled as she spoke. I had to ask her to repeat herself several times. I asked for a ground floor room but was told they were smoking rooms. I gave the clerk $130.00 cash toward our room and my credit card. I was not given a receipt for the cash but was given a sheet stating our room rate. I did not realize this until later that evening. We were given room 326. My daughters took our luggage up on the elevators that were located approx. half way down the hallway. I am very claustrophobic so I don't use elevators. I walked back and forth several times down the hall way searching for stairs. After not finding them I went back to front desk and ask where the stairs were located. The same clerk said the stairs are for going down only. I said excuse me? She repeated her statement and directed me to the elevators. I told her I don’t use elevators, and again asked her where the stairs where located. She huffed, rolled her eyes and without saying anything to me turns and walked away from me and opened the locked door that allowed me behind her desk and motioned me down a back hallway toward a stairwell. I then went up to my room. The rooms were not what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. There was an unpleasant odor, and there were no room darkening or privacy shades on window. There were stationary drapes and a sheer curtain to close. We set our luggage down and immediately left our room and went down a back stair way. This led us outside of the building at the back of the hotel. There was not a handle or way to re-enter the hotel. We were gone until approx. 10 pm. We returned with several bags and entered the front of hotel in order to use the stairway. There was not a clerk at the front desk. We waited approx. 2-3 min. and no one returned. We stepped into the restaurant and asked to be let into the locked stairwell. A male worker from the restaurant stated that there were no stairs. I told him that they were behind that locked door and I had already been up them. He stated we would have to wait until the front desk clerk returned from delivering room service and that "she was only one person". We waited approx. 10 min. She returned and again rolled her eyes and let us the stairway. I expressed to her that this is unacceptable that we can’t get to our room without waiting to be let in a locked stairwell. I asked to speak to a manager. She said there wasn't one until in the morning. Upon returning to our room we decided to find another hotel. I also then realized that I had not been given a receipt for the $130.00 cash payment. I tried to call the front desk and no one answered. I tried a second time and still no answer. My daughters used the elevator and went to the front desk. My daughter called me while at front desk from her cell phone and states the clerk said that we couldn't get a receipt until we checked out. My daughter told her to return the cash since she has our credit card information. She said she was not authorized to return the cash. My daughter stated “either return the cash or give us a receipt!” The clerk then retuned the cash and gave a receipt for the returned cash. I had trouble finding another hotel since this was July 3rd and most hotels were booked up. We found another Holiday Inn in Ocean Springs the next town over. I then called the front desk and explained that we would be checking out and I did not want to be charged for the room. She put me on hold for approx. 5 min. Upon returning to the line she stated that she called the manager and she would have to charge for the room for tonight. I asked if she had explained the problems we were having to the manager and she said " what because of the stairs?!!" I told her to charge us if she had to but we were not staying and I would take the matter up with the corporate office. At this time it is 10:30pm, my daughters take our luggage down the elevator and I go down the front stairwell. When I arrive at the bottom floor the door is locked and there is a sign that states employees only. There is an outside exit door that would have taken me to a poorly lit parking lot to walk around the building to the front entrance. I didn’t feel safe leaving the building alone and walking to the front of building in order to re-enter. It was also sprinkling rain. I knocked on the stairway door in order for the clerk to let me in. No one came, I knocked louder, and no one came. I called my daughters cell phone, as she is waiting for me at the front desk. My daughter states “the clerk said she’s not opening the door, you have to walk around. My daughter asked her again, "can you please just open the door and let my mom in she doesn’t want to walk outside by herself. The clerk again refused. The clerk was checking in another guest at the time. For 10 minutes at least, I am in an isolated stairwell by myself. I am obviously very upset by this point! and begin to knock louder on the door. Suddenly the clerk abruptly pushed the door open toward me and is yelling at me "mam there is a door right there, all you have to do is open it up and walk outside and around the building!” (she proceeds to push the outside door open and walk outside herself as she is yelling " see I can’t even get back in now " I follow her around the building back to the front entrance. After she completes another guests check in, she without speaking, completes my paper work lays it on the desk and says “I didn't charge you for the room" I said "thank You" and we left.. I am sure that I’m not the only guest that prefers not to use elevators. I don’t know how the Biloxi fire marshal can allow this. If there were a fire, although guest could exit down the stairs, firemen would not be able to go up the stairs to rescue anyone because there is no way to access the stairs from the ground floor. The outside doors to the stairwells don’t have door knobs and the front stairway is behind a locked door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear sheila c,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Hotel is a little dated and shows some wear. It is comfortable enough for sleeping. It does have a nice pool and is across the street from a nice area of the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach, they only have 4!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear ARWander,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a comfortable sleep and liked our pool. Please accept my apologies concerning the condition of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving what we can offer. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had a AWESOME time in ms .Our stay at Holiday Inn was AWESOME !!!!!! The room was very clean and smelled Great !!!!! Close to everything and Office Staff was Wonderful !!!!! I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Covington, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is an average place to stay, especially, when it is full and gets extremely noisy. They do offer non-smoking floors (rooms), but as you enter downstairs and walk through the hallways, there is a smoke odor, that needs to be cleaned with a air freshener for strong odors on a daily basis.

The people are very friendly, exceptional and outgoing to assist you with your concerns.
The only other problem is the parking is extremely tight.
We stayed here for our three night stay this year for our 40th wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Every room has a very noisy air conditioner and refrigerator. During the night, you hear both of th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!