“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Mobile, Alabama
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Small place, but wonderful food. We had some cheese quesadillas for appetizer, then ordered some po boys. Portions were large. All ingredients were fresh. There is a nice outdoor seating area. I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canada
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were passing through Biloxi and stopped here for a casual dinner. We had the Cheese Quesadilla with Crawfish which was simply delicious! We also ordered the Biloxi Blues and the Crawfish and Pepper Piroux sandwiches, both of which were also very good. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The only thing we didn't like was that smoking is allowed, something which we're not used to. We would've had a much more pleasant dining experience without the cigarette smoke.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dothan, Alabama
“Great!!! Top Shelf!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was in Biloxi, MS on a business trip and searched Tripadvisor for a good place to eat.

Ole Biloxi Fillin Station caught my eye and I decided to try it out.

On arrival, I had no problem determining how it got its name. It's on a corner and its and old filling station converted into a restaurant.

On going in, I found it to be somewhat crowded and table seating was at a premium. I sat at a bar with a guy that came in about the same time I did. He was a local casino dealer.

I found out that because of the limited seating, it was acceptable to ask someone to let you sit with them if chairs were open at a table which was not a problem for me.

I am giving this place a four only because they allow smoking. I think there is a non smoking area, but that's pretty much like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool.

Now let's get down to brass tacks.

I had my mouth set for red beans and rice. I asked the waitress about them and she told me that the red beans and rice were nothing to brag about. I told her that I was a "meat and potato's" type of guy and asked her for a recommendation.

She recommended the "Debris Fries" and I took her recommendation and was glad I did.

My selection was hand cut Potato Fries smothered in Roast Beef, Onions and Brown Gravy! One word; WOW! It was great. There was enough cholesterol in it for a half dozen bypasses. The serving was ample to feed a family of four. There was no way I could eat it all. Last but not least; it would lock your jaws and make your tongue slap your eyeballs out. I cannot say enough good about it.

I ate what I could and left with my belly full and my clothes smelling like cigarette smoke.

Seriously, the smoking needs to go.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food average, decor above average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We ate there tonight based on reviews on Trip Advisor, plus close to our room at Hard Rock. Hubby and I shared a po boy, which was average. The bun was pressed, which made it better. Had the red beans and rice with sausage. Nothing to brag about, unlike most other red beans and rice dishes I have had. Only ate one third of bowl. Waitress asked if I liked it, replied no, wasn't great ... No comment or adjustment on the bill. Wouldn't go back for the food, but decor was nice.

Visited January 2014
“Great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in about 11pm and had several beers on our first stop at this interesting local bar/eating house. The place is in an old gas station that has been renovated in such a way to be functional as a bar/restaurant yet still true to the old gas station roots of the establishment. The historic decor of the place is accented by the old relics of the stations distant past and newer replica oil company signs and other decorations.
But on to the beer. We went with PBR and a Crooked Letter Brewery stout as well as Southern Pecan. The place has a great craft beer selection.
The menu looked great and next time we will try the food-which looked awesome. The staff here is friendly and helpful as well.

Visited December 2013