“Slow service, little A/C. Food is Ok” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Mobile, AL
“Slow service, little A/C. Food is Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

First the good- the food is fine. The service is amaturish; like they hired people who never worked (and perhaps never dined in) in a restaurant before. The place is small and cramped, but that is not really a problem, heck, it might be part of the charm. Problem is they don't seem to have a very good AC system, and in south MIssissippi, you need air conditioning. FWIW, I've been there a few times, it is always the same situation.

Visited November 2011

Ocean Springs
“The Fillin' Station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is in a good location, just off Highway 90 in Biloxi...if you sit outside you can see the harbor and the casino without all the traffic noise! Not many people here, but it was Tuesday afternoon. Our server showed up promptly at our table when we arrived. She was pleasant, friendly and smiling - this is always a good thing!

I ordered the Fried Crawfish Po-Boy, I have never had one. I have had fried crawfish before so I decided let's give it a whirl, right!? ! Well, things that make you go "hmmmm...", there was a flavor that I just couldn't figure out??? This was not a good thing, the crawfish were cooked well, not at all rubbery, but that flavor just threw the whole sandwich off. I didn't finish it and I didn't take home the left-over, this was better just left. The fries were interesting, they were huge and the flavor was great, but some were meaty and others were just fried skins...ugh.

Vicky decided on the Main Street Burger with Cheese. Well guys, here's what she had to say about that one: "a little disappointed with the cheeseburger, more greasy than what I am used to but tasty...the fries where good...Mic Ultra was great!!!!

Jenny joined us this time (WELCOME)! She had the Facaccia Club Sandwich. She says that this sandwich was good and had a great flavor, but was really too greasy.

We did really enjoy sitting outside and being able to talk and enjoy the company. So, this is definitely a place that we would come back too and have drinks and maybe just appetizers.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great food. Great atmosphere. Kinda like an icehouse.

Visited April 2012
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Get the crawfish nachos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Yes, it may sound a little strange, but the crawfish nachos were phenomenal! Nachos with crawfish, cheese, jalapenos, pico de gallo, and a special sauce for $12. Enough for a table - and so good! Shrimp po boy was good too...fries were just okay. My husband and I shared the nachos and the po boy and walked out of there for less than $30 for dinner. Just a couple blocks from the Hard Rock or Beau Rivage and WELL worth it!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spangdahlem, Germany
“Was so good the first time we went back 2 weeks later.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We're locals, but this is the example I will forever use for the type of local eatery I want when I go on vacation.

The prices were great; I don't believe there was anything over $13. The portions were massive; the appetizer of debris fries I got was more than one person should eat as a meal, and can be shared amongst 3 people. The fries are massive seasoned potato wedges that are excellent; during our 2 trips the debris fries, shrimp po-boy, roast beef po-boy, and gumbo were all eaten, and every single one was delicious. Peaceful calm outdoor eating location 2 blocks up from the water. Worth every penny.

• Visited March 2012