“Over cooked fish” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Over cooked fish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 NEW

Char broiled oysters were great. Bar staff was excellent while waiting approximately 45 min for our table. My wife and I both ordered $24 dinners only to gave the grouper and red fish over cooked and dry.

88% Recommend
Biloxi
“Transformed me into an Oyster lover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 NEW

Let me just say this, I never liked oysters, never desired to try oysters until one of my friends living in Biloxi advised me that these were the best in town. So, Mother's Day, I decided to treat my mom to a nice dinner on the coast. She ordered the special and I ordered the Oyster Sampler; seriously, too many great choices to not try them all. When my platter arrived I was very pleased. I love spicy food so, my favorite is the Oyster Orleans, but they were all very delicious to the point my mom, (who doesn't eat oysters either) tried them and wanted to eat them all. Definitely a great pick if you're down in Biloxi. Great service, good atmosphere, and good food! Eating there several times since then, I have yet to be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Royal reds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 NEW

Had lunch on the 20th. We 3 appetizers. The royal reds, oysters on the half shell and tuna. All were so good epically the royal reds. Great gumbo and fried shrimp. Service was just as it should be.

“Amazing Amazing AMAZING from beginning to end!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 NEW via mobile

I couldn't think of one thing to complain about if I tried! We absolutely loved everything about this place. Our waitress was on the ball from the second we sat down. I ordered the Mango Sunset Martini, and it was fabulous. My husband and I ordered the Oyster Sampler - wonderful. The Rockefellers were my favorite, but all were excellent. The Seafood Pasta was DREAMY. My 12-year-old ordered a cheeseburger and fries. The cheeseburger was a grilled burger, and the waitress offered him more fries when he was done. Our younger kids had the child popcorn shrimp plate, and it was SO MUCH food. Probably 30 bigger-than-normal popcorn shrimp, and no frozen junk here! These were actual hand battered fried shrimp. We also ordered two desserts -- the bananas foster cheesecake and the chocolate obsession. Both were great. My husband wanted more of the chocolate obsession, and he doesn't usually even eat sweets. Wonderful meal and amazing experience! I didn't love Biloxi as a whole, but I would go back JUST to eat at this restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 NEW

We went to the Half Shell Oyster House for my wife's birthday. It was excellent! It is a quaint,quiet spot near downtown, just a couple of blocks off Beach Boulevard. We got there around 6 p.m. on Friday night and there was already a 20 min. wait for a table, which probably says something about how popular it is. The food was outstanding. We started with a dozen oysters on the half shell, which were large and salty. My wife had the fried seafood platter and I had the charbroiled oyster sampler. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were generous. The prices were very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food. The service was a little slow, probably due to the fact that the place was full, but the servers were helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014