“Excellent!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
starkville
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was on a business trip, so I was dining alone, which sometimes is kind of uncomfortable, but I had a great meal here from beginning to end. My waitress was really helpful and friendly. I was undecided and she recommended the paneed flounder with a citrus dill sauce and lump crabmeat. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, OMG. It was so good!! I also had a side of asparagus that was cooked in a gorgonzola butter which completely took it out of the "vegetable" category. I could have even got my kids to it, it was so tangy and buttery. For dessert, I had the keylime pie which was just love. I wish I had eaten here earlier because I would have gone back every night I was in Biloxi!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Gautier, Mississippi
“Great oysters and redfish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Much better than last time. The oyster sampler was great but they lost one star because of the grit in every oyster. Service was stellar and the grilled redfish was a very good piece of fish. Hard to find these days. Get the potatoes and the asparagus with gorgonzola!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Oh how I was hopeful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Such a nice place...atmosphere and all. I began with a classic grey goose martini...no vermouth and blue cheese stuffed olives on the side. Dont want the olives and blue cheese messin with my purest martini. What came was a dirty martini...what? How does one confuse??? Then we ordered the oyster sampler. While great in taste...each oyster was filled with grit and shells from shucking. A fine place like this at a price of $17.00 a doz. These guys need to pay close to exacution during preperation. Sadly it didn't get any better from there ...we got our shrimp; these particular royal shrimp are supposed to be a delight...a deep-water Gulf of Mexico shrimp that is only seasonal for short time. It came overly cooked and dry. It was terrible. Even our side order of fried okra was cold. Everything went wrong. The restaurant manager, Mike came over...he was very nice and took care of everything but...he informed us that the royal shrimp were frozen and brought in from Argentina!!!!!...in my opinion...get local, eat local. Don't comprimise. When people visit places they really want local flavor. Do that and you'll be a winner!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Westbrook, Maine, United States
“Not only good enough that I would go back but I'd recommend it to my friends as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

A great place. Fun, busy atmosphere. The food is delicious. I liked very much being able to sample local beers. I wish I had dreaded up a little better but casual certainly isn't out of place

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Waleska, GA
“The oyster cook, over grilled the oysters”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had been here in the past and had great grilled oysters,but they have a new cook and the oysters came out like leather.. We'll skip this place next trip..

Visited September 2013