“Not only good enough that I would go back but I'd recommend it to my friends as well.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Westbrook, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great place. Fun, busy atmosphere. The food is delicious. I liked very much being able to sample local beers. I wish I had dreaded up a little better but casual certainly isn't out of place

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Waleska, GA
“The oyster cook, over grilled the oysters”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had been here in the past and had great grilled oysters,but they have a new cook and the oysters came out like leather.. We'll skip this place next trip..

Visited September 2013
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a treat! This was our first time in Biloxi and I read reviews on the restaurant. Decided to give it a try I had the stuffed seafood Portabella mushrooms with asparagus and a delicious halfshell salad. My husband enjoyed a delicious cup of gumbo, as well as a Caesar salad and the surf and turf. Food and atmosphere was above and beyond. So glad we got to try a delicious restaurant in Biloxi Mississippi

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh seafood! Living in Dallas when I am on the coast it is my goal to eat seafood everyday! This was the one of the best meals we had on this trip. Service was good, atmosphere was good. Casual , dressy or anything in between. Don't miss this one if you are in the area!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Nice Ambience, Even Better Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed a trip to Half Shell Oyster House during our stay in September. After talking with some locals, it was clear this was one of the places we needed to try. We heeded their warnings of long waits- and they were correct. We went on a Saturday night and people wanting a table had a wait of up to an hour and a half (we went right around 7pm). However, we were told to head upstairs to the 2nd floor bar, and try and grab a seat at the bar, if we didn't mind eating there- which we didn't. At first the bar was full, but after only about 5 minutes of waiting, 2 spots opened up. The bartenders worked tirelessly, not only getting drinks for bar partrons and the waitstaff, but also serving dinner to those guests, like ourselves, eating in the bar area. However, they never missed a beat and were very professional. Hubby ordered surf and turf, with the gorgonzola asparagus and new potatoes. I had the Bacon and Pecan encrusted redfish with a salad (try the house vinaigrette- so yummy!) and new potatoes. Both of us declared our meal the best we've had in a long time. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Hubby tried the key lime pie for desert- said, again, it was the best he has had in a long time. Bill was around a $100- but both of us had a couple glasses of wine, so I think it is an excellent value. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Half Shell Oyster House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.