“chargrilled oysters” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Biloxi
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“chargrilled oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went to the restaurant specifically for the chargrilled oysters, and I was not disappointed. They were excellent. The firecracker shrimp was satisfactory, but the oysters were perfect!

Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“good...not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

in a historic building in the very tiny old-town, downtown of Biloxi (right across from the Hard Rock Casino and hotel....) this is clearly a popular hangout for locals. Probably better if you stick with beer or cocktails - - the wines by the glass had been open for awhile. Service was unbelievably fast -- we felt that we were being rushed out - - although there was no-one waiting to get in. we were still working on our plate of oysters, when both mains arrived....so the mains sat on the table getting cold while we tried to race through our appetizer. THe food was okay - - fish was fresh but nothing outstanding. We were in and out in 40 minutes....would not return.

Visited August 2013
Dallas
“Great local restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great place with fabulous food and drink ! Waiters were very nice , atmosphere was good ! Service was quick even though they were busy.

• Visited September 2013
Alabama
“Pretty good place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here twice and both meals have been very good. The specials not on the menu seem put together nicely. I thought the prices were fair for the quality of the food. They serve food until 11 which is later than most. I like the place a lot.

• Visited August 2013
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Better than most in the area.....Expensive for what it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I are in Biloxi quite a bit, but have never tried this place. The reviews were overall good so we decided to give it a shot. The restaurant itself was very nice for an oyster house and had a good atmosphere. Our waitress was also the bartender upstairs and she was not very friendly or attentive. I started with a draft beer which was served in a 12 oz. glass. I am a firm believer that ALL draft should be served in a pint glass. We started with the VooDoo Shrimp ($9). It was a good portion for an appetizer and the shrimp were very tasty. They make a VooDoo shrimp poboy that I would like to try in the future. For entrees, I had the shrimp and grits ($16) which were just OK to me. I like my shrimp and grits to be a spicy New Orleans style and these were 3 grit cakes with sauteed shrimp and a very sweet BBQ sauce. Overall, it was OK, but I wouldn't get it again. The side of fried new potatoes were swimming in butter or oil and had way too much garlic on them for my taste. The side of fried okra however was some of the best fried okra I have ever eaten. My wife had the Bacon & Pecan Crusted Redfish ($18). It was very good and the fish tasted fresh, but the portion size was a little small to me for the price. To finish things off, we tried the cinnamon roll bread pudding ($5). It was a decent bread pudding, but was served steaming hot (right out of the microwave), and again was kind of a small portion. Would we go here again? You bet. It was a good restaurant and there are several menu items that I would like to try.

• Visited August 2013