“Pretty good place to eat.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Biloxi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Alabama
“Pretty good place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here twice and both meals have been very good. The specials not on the menu seem put together nicely. I thought the prices were fair for the quality of the food. They serve food until 11 which is later than most. I like the place a lot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Better than most in the area.....Expensive for what it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I are in Biloxi quite a bit, but have never tried this place. The reviews were overall good so we decided to give it a shot. The restaurant itself was very nice for an oyster house and had a good atmosphere. Our waitress was also the bartender upstairs and she was not very friendly or attentive. I started with a draft beer which was served in a 12 oz. glass. I am a firm believer that ALL draft should be served in a pint glass. We started with the VooDoo Shrimp ($9). It was a good portion for an appetizer and the shrimp were very tasty. They make a VooDoo shrimp poboy that I would like to try in the future. For entrees, I had the shrimp and grits ($16) which were just OK to me. I like my shrimp and grits to be a spicy New Orleans style and these were 3 grit cakes with sauteed shrimp and a very sweet BBQ sauce. Overall, it was OK, but I wouldn't get it again. The side of fried new potatoes were swimming in butter or oil and had way too much garlic on them for my taste. The side of fried okra however was some of the best fried okra I have ever eaten. My wife had the Bacon & Pecan Crusted Redfish ($18). It was very good and the fish tasted fresh, but the portion size was a little small to me for the price. To finish things off, we tried the cinnamon roll bread pudding ($5). It was a decent bread pudding, but was served steaming hot (right out of the microwave), and again was kind of a small portion. Would we go here again? You bet. It was a good restaurant and there are several menu items that I would like to try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frisco
“Not impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

After reading great views I was anticipating a superior meal but that was not the case. The place was packed we waited 45 minutes to be seated. The atmosphere was great. The staff was very knowledgeable of their menu and attentive. I ordered fried shrimp which was average tasting at best. The shrimp had a very fishy taste and my fries were cold. My husband had the shrimp pasta which he enjoyed and our son had a shrimp Po-Boy that he equally enjoyed. our daughter had a chicken, bacon Swiss sandwich! Go figure at a seafood place. Perhaps I will need to order something different to get the full effect of their menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Food was remarkable but mot for the faint of stomach. Lots of butter spice and salt. We loved the oysters Cajun style. The pecan crusted redfish with orange sauce was great too. Prices were very reasonable. Atmosphere was casual but not sloppy. Our waiter Dan was personable helpful and efficient. Would highly recommend this spot

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Biloxi experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Biloxi has some good restaurants the ones in my hotel were very good but Half Shell Oyster House is great. I had the raw oysters and charbroiled oysters both were delicious. My wife had the fish grouper which was tasty. I also enjoyed the tasty vegetables. Our server was friendly and attentive my margaritas were very good

• 5 of 5 stars Food