“Great place to celebrate!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 191 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great place to celebrate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My 13 year old wanted a good steak for her birthday dinner and they did not disappoint! Charbroiled oysters, filet, ribeye, grilled Redfish were all outstanding! Waitress was very attentive. Beautiful building as well. Seems to be a very hip place. Call ahead and have them put your name on the wait list as they do not accept reservations. Must go once in your life!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Pleasant downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We are locals. Half Shell is relatively new to us. Had lunch on one occasion. Atmosphere was great. Service was prompt and efficient. And the food was very good, including the price.

Visited June 2013
damascus,ar
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ate there twice on our vac. to Biloxi. Had the Oyster sampler which is oysters fixed 4 different ways. All very good. the next time we went had a dozen of the Orleans oysters, we liked them the best. For boiled shrimp they are called Reds very large and good boiled shrimp, if you eat here and like boiled shrimp must try. For drinks they fix the best Pina Colada I have ever had. I had four of them and wanted more and they have a pretty good kick to them. Everything was excellent, a little pricey but worth it.
Gary & Wilma Waits, Arkansas

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockwall, Texas
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was in town for one night while passing through and wanted seafood, of course.
I found this spectacular restaurant on YELP.
What a find! I truly wish I lived closer and could visit more frequently!
The Voo Doo Shrimp App is ok-not a big breaded shrimp fan.

The wine list is small but a good variety. The bar area looked inviting and the entire two story restaurant was quite nice: you could definitely dress casual for this beach town but dress up for a special evening out as well.

Service was very good-our server was quite attentive and fairly knowledgeable regarding the daily specials and items on the menu.
I had a daily special of grilled fish with grits and green beans-it was very very good! I would eat it again. We also tried the bread pudding dessert-probably will try something different next time, but it was good (just quite rich).
If you are in the area, you should definitely go. I would recommend Half Shells very highly!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Aaaaamazing Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I never really cared for oysters; slimy things that they are, but then I tried the Orleans oysters here and I'm sold! These things are OMG amazing! They season them with a spicy cajun seasoning and then charbroil them right over an open flame and serve them fresh and hot! I never thought I would like oysters because of their slimy texture, but these are truly delicious and not slimy at all! They have a good, meaty texture, (still just ever so slightly chewy) and great flavor! You gotta try them if you go to this place. They may change your opinion about oysters!

Visited August 2012