“One of the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Rockwall, Texas
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was in town for one night while passing through and wanted seafood, of course.
I found this spectacular restaurant on YELP.
What a find! I truly wish I lived closer and could visit more frequently!
The Voo Doo Shrimp App is ok-not a big breaded shrimp fan.

The wine list is small but a good variety. The bar area looked inviting and the entire two story restaurant was quite nice: you could definitely dress casual for this beach town but dress up for a special evening out as well.

Service was very good-our server was quite attentive and fairly knowledgeable regarding the daily specials and items on the menu.
I had a daily special of grilled fish with grits and green beans-it was very very good! I would eat it again. We also tried the bread pudding dessert-probably will try something different next time, but it was good (just quite rich).
If you are in the area, you should definitely go. I would recommend Half Shells very highly!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Aaaaamazing Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I never really cared for oysters; slimy things that they are, but then I tried the Orleans oysters here and I'm sold! These things are OMG amazing! They season them with a spicy cajun seasoning and then charbroil them right over an open flame and serve them fresh and hot! I never thought I would like oysters because of their slimy texture, but these are truly delicious and not slimy at all! They have a good, meaty texture, (still just ever so slightly chewy) and great flavor! You gotta try them if you go to this place. They may change your opinion about oysters!

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Mississippi
“Great Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My colleagues and I went to Biloxi to attend a school. After a long week, Friday finally came. We decided to go out to eat at the Half Shell Oyster House. The hostess seated us on the second story. Our table was beside a window that overlooked what appeared to be the Biloxi court house. It was a nice view. The waiter was prompt to come over to our table. We started out with the "Voodoo Chicken Wings". The sauce used was not spicy and tasted great. It was a sweet sauce. I would recommend this starter. They also offer the voodoo sauce on shrimp. My colleague purchased the shrimp and also commented on how good the sauce was.
My main meal was the Bacon and Pecan Crusted Red Fish. This was the best dish I have had in a long time. I give this dish an "A+" in my book. The restaurant was busy, but our waiter did not let our drinks go empty and took great care of my table. If you are in Biloxi, I would recommend you to try this place out. They have a great staff and great food.

One thing, the stairs leading upstairs are a bit steep.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my second trip to this resturant. My favorite dish was not available on this trip. Server advised I should try a different type of oyster dish. It was very good.Place was very busy and service was fine.

Visited July 2013
Mississippi
“Oysters are only the beginning...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a very successful restaurant for the coastal area due to the freshness of their offerings. Walking in on a Thursday evening at about 6:30, we found a line waiting for a table. We were assured it would be about a 30 minute wait ( and it was.) There is sufficient waiting area, but the bar is adjacent and we found the grill where the oysters are charbroiled on the other side of the bar. We asked if we could get a dozen within the 30 minute timeframe and were accomdated. There is no substitute for fresh charbroiled oysters. If you go, there are no reservations, and if there is a short wait, go get a beverage and the oysters. You won't regret it. The menu has many items to create a great meal experience. Try the half shell salad as one of the choices with your entree. The fish are fresh, the fried items are prepared properly and you will leave very satisfied that you enjoyed great food at a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere