“Great Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Columbus, Mississippi
“Great Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My colleagues and I went to Biloxi to attend a school. After a long week, Friday finally came. We decided to go out to eat at the Half Shell Oyster House. The hostess seated us on the second story. Our table was beside a window that overlooked what appeared to be the Biloxi court house. It was a nice view. The waiter was prompt to come over to our table. We started out with the "Voodoo Chicken Wings". The sauce used was not spicy and tasted great. It was a sweet sauce. I would recommend this starter. They also offer the voodoo sauce on shrimp. My colleague purchased the shrimp and also commented on how good the sauce was.
My main meal was the Bacon and Pecan Crusted Red Fish. This was the best dish I have had in a long time. I give this dish an "A+" in my book. The restaurant was busy, but our waiter did not let our drinks go empty and took great care of my table. If you are in Biloxi, I would recommend you to try this place out. They have a great staff and great food.

One thing, the stairs leading upstairs are a bit steep.

“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my second trip to this resturant. My favorite dish was not available on this trip. Server advised I should try a different type of oyster dish. It was very good.Place was very busy and service was fine.

Visited July 2013
Mississippi
“Oysters are only the beginning...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a very successful restaurant for the coastal area due to the freshness of their offerings. Walking in on a Thursday evening at about 6:30, we found a line waiting for a table. We were assured it would be about a 30 minute wait ( and it was.) There is sufficient waiting area, but the bar is adjacent and we found the grill where the oysters are charbroiled on the other side of the bar. We asked if we could get a dozen within the 30 minute timeframe and were accomdated. There is no substitute for fresh charbroiled oysters. If you go, there are no reservations, and if there is a short wait, go get a beverage and the oysters. You won't regret it. The menu has many items to create a great meal experience. Try the half shell salad as one of the choices with your entree. The fish are fresh, the fried items are prepared properly and you will leave very satisfied that you enjoyed great food at a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the oysters, to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We absolutely loved this restaurant and ordered the appetizer oysters on the half shell. They were so large and so good that we ordered a second round of the oysters to come before our meal (a salad each). Marvelous food. And reasonable, too.

• Visited January 2013
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I went on a Thursday night we had to wait about 20 minutes so we had a drink at the bar.My wife hade the Portabello mushrooms and I had the Red Royal shrimp. Both was very good but theRed Royal shrimp was the best I ever ate!! Highly recommend.