“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went here on whim while in Biloxi for an overnight stay. It was during rush when we arrived. Only had to wait for about 15 mins and well worth it. The restaurant was busy but still had a nice feel to it. The crab cakes were definitely the highlight of our meal. They were served with fried green tomatoes. Had an nice selection of wine and beer.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Indiana
“The oysters are quite tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at the Half Shell Oyster House. The grilled oysters and the gumbo were very good. They even have some local beers to compliment your meal!

The restaurant is only two blocks from the shoreline and the casinos. I give the place high marks.

Lunch for 2 with drinks and tip was $50.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

my boyfriend and I were staying at the hard rock and the bartender told us about this place omg it was fantastic from the service to the meal we go every time we are in town please give it a try around dinner time is the best it is a local place very friendly

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went here because the reviews on here recommended it. My daughter and I ate there for dinner on a Monday afternoon about 4:00. There was hardly anyone eating at this time and the place was almost empty. We were taken upstairs - were not given the option of eating downstairs. Then we were taken all the way to the back of the restaurant to a table in the back corner. This seemed odd to us as there were so many tables open. My daughter ordered beer and I had chardonnay which were both reasonably priced because we were there at happy hour. we ordered the dozen oysters on the half shell ($13.99) which tasted fine, but when they came to our table they were floating in water because the ice had already melted. I ordered the Royal Reds and a half shell salad, and my daughter had the stuffed portabello dinner with the half shell salad as well. The salad dressing was so sour we only ate about half of the salad. My shrimp tasted fine but were kind of mushy - not sure why. My daughter's portabello mushrooms were okay, but she would not order them again. She had an upset stomach later that evening and was sick all night. Not sure what was the cause. Our bill with tip ended up being over $80!!! We will not be going back to this restaurant. We had a dozen oysters at Mikey's the next day for $5.00 and they were way better and came on a tray of ice, not water. Live and learn.

Visited June 2013
“Just continues to be good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been here in the past and always enjoyed. This trip no exception as we ate here two times. Sat downstairs in the bar and enjoyed the Royal Reds and Orleans oysters. Just fantastic. If you haven't tried them they are a must. Later we ate at the upstairs bar. Tried the plain charbroiled oysters and the fried green tomatoes with a half shell salad. All were good. The several times that we have eaten here the staff has always been super, the food has always been good and we have enjoyed every meal. Just a short walk from the Beau or Hardrock and definitely worth it.

Visited May 2013