“Seafood So FRESH and TASTY” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 184 restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Seafood So FRESH and TASTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I was on the Mississippi Gulf Coast this weekend for a police motorcycle competition. We arrived about 8:30pm and after checking in we went here to eat. The location and decor of the building is very inviting. It looks like it's in a refurbished downtown Biloxi historic building. The inside has exposed brick and painted walls and lighting is good enough to let you peruse the menu but also romantic at the same time. I ordered the oyster sampler as an appetizer and it was very tasty. As our main course I ordered the filet with fried okra and french fries and my wife ordered the half shell chicken with steamed broccoli and Caesar salad. My steak was cooked medium well perfectly. I hardly needed the steak knife. My sides were flavorful and tasty as well. My wife enjoyed her chicken thoroughly and said for steam broccoli had a nice taste. The service was excellent and friendly. I which I could remember the young lady's name. We called before going and was told about fifteen minutes but when we arrived we were promptly seated. This place is worth any person looking for a great meal in Biloxi. You will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The place was crowded, but the food didn't live up to the recommendation we got at our hotel.
We went early to avoid a long wait. That worked, but it didn't make up for the service. They got my wife's order wrong, even though she was careful to be explicit. I ordered a second glass of wine and it showed up after we were finished eating. Not likely to return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LA ROCHELLE
“overrated average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

oysters were not the freshes but ok.
Service slow
If you want fresh fresh drive on to Florida panhandel; Appalachicola.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Was not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband loves oysters so we decided to visit here with our friends. We did not have a reservation and it was Saturday night. We were told there was a 30 minute wait for a table. This did not faze us as we had not seen our friends for a while so we went to the bar and had a drink while waiting for our table.
We were ushered downstairs and took our seats. This is where the trouble started. Our waitress came over to take our order and she was very rude. We did take a little while to make up our minds as we were visitors to the US but we certainly did not deserve the attitude she gave us. Everyone received their starters except me. When she delivered the main courses, she realised she had forgotten it and did not offer any apology. Just mentioned that is was probably a good thing I did not have one as my main was large. The meal (steak as I don't like seafood) was mediocre.
My husband who has eaten oysters all over the world mentioned that his were quite tasteless. Pity as he was really looking forward to eating oysters in Biloxi as he knows that there are some quite incredible tasting ones in this region. A huge let down. Our friends who live about 30 minutes from Biloxi were not impressed with this restaurant either.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“The service and food were equally amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to the Half Shell late on a weeknight after a long day on Ship Island. We were probably a bit under dressed but the staff didn't treat us like it. Our waiter, Anthony, was very personable and offered sincere advice in regards to the menu, not the usual waiter speak about how everything on the menu is the best ever. He made sure he got our order in ahead of a big party. The food, well I don't know if I'm articulate enough to really express how amazing our meal was. My sister went pretty simple with a chicken sandwich which she deemed the best she'd ever had. My other sister had the Royal Reds and they were succulent and sweet. My barbeque shrimp was better than any I've had and it's pretty much my go to order in the Gulf South area. Not even NOLA eating establishments have been as good. I did not have the cinnamon roll bread pudding but my sisters sang it's praises. The key lime pie was good. Not the best I've ever had, but very good. If you're in Biloxi make time for Half Shell, it's delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Half Shell Oyster House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.