“New Orleans in Biloxi” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“New Orleans in Biloxi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant is part of a group, their are four. We decided to try this one while staying at the Beau Rivage casino. The food is very good. As others noted, try the royal reds. The oysters are delicious. They will give you the choice of dinning upstairs or main floor. Choose upstairs! By the window. Nice views and a real french quarter feel. The prices are reasonable. Wine selection is limited, but good prices by the glass or bottle.

Definitely the place to go if you wish to escape casino life for a few hours.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Jackson, Miss.
“Heaven at the Half Shell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Half Shell is becoming my go-to place for dinner when I'm in Biloxi. The food is delicious, and the prices are extremely reasonable (especially when compared with what the casinos/resorts charge for the exact same plate).

The restaurant doesn't take reservations from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. on weekends to leave space for walk-ins. We strolled in at around 6:30 p.m. and ordered a glass of wine and some charbroiled oysters at the bar. Before the oysters even came out, we'd been seated. I followed up our appetizer with a delicious paneed flounder, which was perfectly cooked and accompanied by two sides. We ate and talked and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, with no rushing from the waitstaff.

We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salado, Texas
“Very Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant has 3 locations (Gulfport, Biloxi, and Hattisburg) We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived for lunch. We were seated immediately, and the server was right there ready to help us decide what to have. She offered several options and gave us her opinion as to her favorites and what was good.

We had the Royal Reds (big, sweet Cajun boiled gulf shrimp) fried shrimp platter (dredged in cornflour) and chargrilled asparagus with Gorgonzola Butter.

The meal was very good and tasty and was fresh. Server said that they get most of the seafood from the Quality Seafood Market a few blocks away.

This is a full service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner and closes in the late evening. The menu is mostly seafood with some meat and burgers for those who do not like seafood.

The cost of the food is moderate and to be expected for sit-down service.

Overall, a great alternative to the buffets and overpriced restaurants in the casinos.

Visited April 2013
Willowbrook, Illinois
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Call ahead and put your name in before you go....got seated a couple minutes after we got there...sat downstairs but upstairs might be nicer...food was excellent...

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here around 8 on a Wednesday after seeing favorable reviews. The food was great. The service was not. There was a wait for a table to I decided to take a chance at the upstairs bar. After waiting a solid 15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge my presence I finally got the bartender's attention and got a drink and a menu. This is where things went south. I literally waited another 30 minutes after getting the menu for the bartender to take my order. Trust me, I have all the respect in the world for a busy food service worker...I've been one before. But there were 2 bartenders tending a bar with only 10-15 people. It was as though she was actively trying not to help me. Anyway, I finally got my food and it was solid. Not amazing, but good. I'd give the food a 7/10. Honestly, I probably won't go back just because of the service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Half Shell Oyster House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.