“A GREAT SEAFOOD PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 189 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A GREAT SEAFOOD PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I tried the Half Sheff twice on my most recent visit to Biloxi. First time, we had the Oyster sampler (while seated at the third story bar)--with our favorites being the Char Broiled oyester. This is an original New Orleans recipe, with the oysters flame charred on the grill, and are a must try for sure,
We went back for dinner and tried the entrees-- Royal Red shrimp for my wife, grilled portabella stuffed mushrooms for me. The reds are sweet, tender, succlent shrimp found deep in the water, and are the most tasty we have EVER had. Menu has a good selection of Gulf Coast seafood, with the focus on oysters and shrimp.
The portabella was filled with large shrimp, grilled to perfection, tasty and a great combination. Clam chowder was creamy, with good butter and clam overtones (sounds like a wine critic!)--another hit.
We did not have room for desert although the bread pudding sounded fantastic.
Locals are there until about 7 PM, but thins out after that. Weekend waits are a little long, but worth every minute.
A little pricy, but about average for a good place in Biloxi.

• Visited March 2013

Port Huron, Michigan
“Eat here not the casinos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a very dissappointing meal at the Hard Rock Cafe I pulled out Tripadvisor and discovered some authentic seafood just a block away. Would recommend the fried green tomatoes and crab cakes; very light batter and delicious sauce. My husband is not a seafood lover but said he has a new 'favorite dish' after trying the seafood pasta (shrimp, crab, crawfish)! While I was looking for gulf seafood I was very pleased with the Royal Reds; shrimp from deepwater Atlantic. They were cajun boiled, served with drawn butter and were sweeter like lobster. Very reasonably priced restaurant with a local flavor. Try it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Run don't walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food great service! If you visit Biloxi you shouldn't miss it. Oyster appetizer was excellent. Royal reds were delicious! Fried oysters were sweet and succulent. Our waitress Ashley was knowledgable and attentive. We'll be back!

Houston
“Quality Gulf Seafood and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place has tasty seafood and the service is good and I have been more a few times. I suggest branching out from the seafood poboy and trying some season and specials, but you can't go wrong with the raw oysters and special shrimp appetizers.

• Visited August 2012
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Best oysters on the Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had lunch at the Half Shell and went a little overboard, but it was well worth it. We had the oyster combo platter and it was a delight! My wife had a shrimp dish, and I had the fired oysters. All fresh seafood, and great stuff. Will go back every time I'm in Biloxi.

Visited March 2013