“Run don't walk!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Run don't walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food great service! If you visit Biloxi you shouldn't miss it. Oyster appetizer was excellent. Royal reds were delicious! Fried oysters were sweet and succulent. Our waitress Ashley was knowledgable and attentive. We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Houston
“Quality Gulf Seafood and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place has tasty seafood and the service is good and I have been more a few times. I suggest branching out from the seafood poboy and trying some season and specials, but you can't go wrong with the raw oysters and special shrimp appetizers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Best oysters on the Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had lunch at the Half Shell and went a little overboard, but it was well worth it. We had the oyster combo platter and it was a delight! My wife had a shrimp dish, and I had the fired oysters. All fresh seafood, and great stuff. Will go back every time I'm in Biloxi.

Visited March 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Noisy, but fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our local family picked this place to meet as several of us came in from out of town (and out of the country) for a family reunion/birthday party the next day. It was the Friday night before St. Patrick's day and the place was packed and had an active, happy feeling. We used call ahead seating, since there were 7 of us and didn't have much of a wait (10 minutes). The food was great and they brought out a free dessert for my 90 year old Uncle. I would definately go back if I return, unless I decide to try all of the other tempting seafood restaurants. It's hard to decide to stay with one you know is great or explore new places. I had fried shrimp, others hade oysters prepared in several different ways. Nobody ordered anyting very expensive because we were afraid my Uncle would insist on paying the tab for all and didn't want to bankrupt him. I paid for myself and my nephew (age 19), and the bill was much less that I expected. After we had all paid our tab, my Uncle did try to pay for everybody, but we had all beat him to it. He had been talking to everybody and didn't notice us paying our bills (and his). It was a little noisy for a family reunion, but it was fun.

Visited March 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga
“Great place for oyesters...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Half Shell is a great place to enjoy oysters---fixed the way you like them. New Orleans born char broiled oysters are a MUST TRY---grilled in the shell, with butter ladled on generously to cause the grill to flame up over the edge of the oyster, with parmesan chesse on top--heaven.

In season (about November to April), a must try is the Royal Red oyster. Caught by shrimpers in cold water at 2400 feet deep in the Gulf, they are sweet, succulent--almost tasting like a lobster.

There is a very good selection of other seafoods and steaks, served with an attentive staff and smiles for everyone. Shrimp, oysters, and crab dominate tshe menu (since you are on the Gulf coast), and you can't go wrong with any of them. (Crab stuffed portabella mushrooms--grilled to perfection.)
There are two bars you can sit at, always busy--with one of the bars on the top floor, and three short flights of stairs to get there.

Crowded up to about 7:30 by locals, even during the week, and a long wait on Friday and Saturday. WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Half Shell Oyster House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.