“Yummy Oysters!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Jackson, Mississippi
“Yummy Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were only in Biloxi for 2 nights, but ate here twice. If we had a 3rd night in Biloxi, we would have selected the Half Shell Oyster House for another meal.

The fish selection was delicious. However, the oysters couldn't be beat anywhere. We had fried, chargrilled, and the platter of each of their 4 oyster selections. WOW!

Great wait staff..so courteous and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boca Raton, Florida
“Maybe it was an off night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We went here on a reccomendation from the Beau Rivage on a Monday night. All three of us ordered the fresh grilled Mahi Mahi. One of us got a Ceaser salad with the fried potatoes, one got the half shell salad for $2 extra and the potatoes and the other got the seafood gumbo and house salad.

No bread served and we had to ask for bread which came stale. The caeser salad was fair as was the half shell salad. House sald was adequate. Seafood gumbo was rated as good. The fish was a small portion. My brothers fish was one ince by 8 inches and they gave him more. The fish was only fair snd tasted like it was frozen fresh. The potatoes were way to greasy and we got fries which were better. Entrees were $20 each. We rated this a 3 stars based on expectations and we were being generous.

Pat1980
“Half shell has some really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What can I say. Half shell is one of my favorite places to eat. Make sure you tell the wait staff not to serve a dish before you are finish the other dish.

Leesville, South Carolina
“Phenomenal food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were driving from TX to SC, wanted seafood. Finally tripped over this place in Gulfport, MS. No standard issue fried shrimp, but husband had a filet mignon with a smoked gouda cream and a few shrimp... $26. Stunningly good. I had an amazing seafood pot pie - crawfish, crab and shrimp in a pot pie. Also stunningly good. $14 or so. Skip the grilled asparagus and the Bloody Mary - they're not up to their other stuff. We don't do oysters, so no clue whether they are good or not. Our service was excellent, but we were there pretty early - about 5pm. Got all this, plus drinks, for about $60 - just a hair over what we paid at Applebee's the night before and so worth it! Highly recommend.

Monroe, Louisiana
“Half shell is half what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My dinner was fair. I had the oyster sampler plate. If I eat cooked oysters, I do expect them to be hot. These tasted ok, but were lukewarm at best. I probably should have gotten raw. My friend had the red shrimp, and the were a little over cooked. The building was beautiful and the service was good. I might try this restaurant again for lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Food