“Half shell has some really good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Biloxi
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pat1980
“Half shell has some really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What can I say. Half shell is one of my favorite places to eat. Make sure you tell the wait staff not to serve a dish before you are finish the other dish.

Leesville, South Carolina
“Phenomenal food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were driving from TX to SC, wanted seafood. Finally tripped over this place in Gulfport, MS. No standard issue fried shrimp, but husband had a filet mignon with a smoked gouda cream and a few shrimp... $26. Stunningly good. I had an amazing seafood pot pie - crawfish, crab and shrimp in a pot pie. Also stunningly good. $14 or so. Skip the grilled asparagus and the Bloody Mary - they're not up to their other stuff. We don't do oysters, so no clue whether they are good or not. Our service was excellent, but we were there pretty early - about 5pm. Got all this, plus drinks, for about $60 - just a hair over what we paid at Applebee's the night before and so worth it! Highly recommend.

1 Thank CaroleB B
Monroe, Louisiana
“Half shell is half what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My dinner was fair. I had the oyster sampler plate. If I eat cooked oysters, I do expect them to be hot. These tasted ok, but were lukewarm at best. I probably should have gotten raw. My friend had the red shrimp, and the were a little over cooked. The building was beautiful and the service was good. I might try this restaurant again for lunch.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Good food, but a C rating for health code violations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I enjoy the oyster house. Best oysters by far in biloxi, but for a place that serves raw food the C rating for health code violations has me worried! C is the lowest rating a the mississippi health inspector will give without closing the establishment. the mississippi department of health website notes sanitation and handwashing violations!

Seattle
“Yes Ma'am, I'll have another”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I hail originally from the Pacific Northwest where I grew up shucking and grubbing on oysters regularly.
Little did I know there's more ways to skin a bivalve mollusk than my childhood on the beach had taught.
BBQ oysters? No thanks, I thought. Then had 2 more.
Grilled and slathered in garlic and lemon...now we're talkin'. Yes, another.
Briefly introduced to odd sauces, seared on one side, raw with a variation of cocktail condiment previously not encountered and even baked with crab.
All yummy.
Good drinks and attentive service to boot.

• Visited October 2012