“Half shell is half what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 187 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Monroe, Louisiana
“Half shell is half what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My dinner was fair. I had the oyster sampler plate. If I eat cooked oysters, I do expect them to be hot. These tasted ok, but were lukewarm at best. I probably should have gotten raw. My friend had the red shrimp, and the were a little over cooked. The building was beautiful and the service was good. I might try this restaurant again for lunch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Good food, but a C rating for health code violations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I enjoy the oyster house. Best oysters by far in biloxi, but for a place that serves raw food the C rating for health code violations has me worried! C is the lowest rating a the mississippi health inspector will give without closing the establishment. the mississippi department of health website notes sanitation and handwashing violations!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Yes Ma'am, I'll have another”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I hail originally from the Pacific Northwest where I grew up shucking and grubbing on oysters regularly.
Little did I know there's more ways to skin a bivalve mollusk than my childhood on the beach had taught.
BBQ oysters? No thanks, I thought. Then had 2 more.
Grilled and slathered in garlic and lemon...now we're talkin'. Yes, another.
Briefly introduced to odd sauces, seared on one side, raw with a variation of cocktail condiment previously not encountered and even baked with crab.
All yummy.
Good drinks and attentive service to boot.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ate lunch here on a Sunday. They offered a brunch special but we opted to order off the menu. We ate on the second level which was fine but it is a rather steep staricase going up and coming down. The employees were all very friendly and couteous. Our waitress was vey knowledgeable and attentive. They have a special on drinks and the $3.00 Bloody Mary rivaled any that I have ever had at more than twice the price. The flounder dish was exellent and the fried oysters were also very good. The side ceasar was good as was their house salad. We had oysters on the half shell and they were fresh and cold. Just a short walk from Beau Rivage and Hard Rock. Definatley worth a visit and will return if in the area again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
mississippi
“Gulfport needs to mentor Biloxi sister”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

WOW ! This restaurant in Biloxi needs some serious mentoring . The food just isnt the same . The oysters not near as good and the royal reds ...over cooked !!!
Whats good the service. We ate at the upstairs bar . Excellent , friendly service.

• Visited October 2012