“Comfort food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came here after searching for a place that stayed open past 9. We were glad we came! Fair warning- this is a SMOKING bar. It doesn't bother us, even though we don't smoke. It seems like mostly locals and casino patrons that frequent this place. The oysters were good, but I don't think they were shucked on location. I had the Cuban sandwich, which was good. My husband had the Ahi tuna sandwich, and it was amazing! I definitely recommend it. The service was excellent, she was very familiar with the menu. The atmosphere is borderline dive-bar, but the service was great and food very good. We will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Laurel, Mississippi, United States
“I've had better.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

First let me say that this is a SMOKING BAR/GRILL. I wasn't too pleased about that. Only one waitress during our visit. She was not able to keep up with the needs of everyone in a timely manner. The side salad was "large" and we only we a "small" cup of dressing and was charged when we requested more dressing. The appitizer was too small. We ordered the stuff jalepeons...we rec 4 pieces (basically 2 jalepeons split). Not worth the $8 or $9 we paid. I would suggest at least 6 on the plate. The blackened flounder was very good but my husband ordered a side of fries and never received them even after asking about them when she first brought our food. Won't be going back.

Visited August 2012
Kemah, Texas
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

mediocre service at best with average food ......
the waitress/bartender was eating when we got there and still eating when she got off shift at around ten pm .... the wine was over priced and the sliders we average .... I will probably go elsewhere next time I hit the slots in Biloxi

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Bar with great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stopped in the Venue last Jan when in Biloxi - were looking for another restaurant, which didn't exist anymore. Was thirsty and needed a beer. What a pleasant surprise. Seafood was very fresh and delicious. Ate at the bar and had the crab claws, oysters and boiled shrimp basket. All excellent. Will return when I go to Biloxi again in January 2013.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Graham, Kentucky
“Give this one a miss!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Overpriced food arrived almost cold, cold atmosphere and bad service. I can't really say much more about this place. You'd be much wiser to dine at one of the casinos across the street for a better value and better quality meal.

• Visited April 2011