“winter get a way” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“winter get a way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew down to get out of the cold & snow! beautiful room, comfortable bed, great views & very nice spacious room.
You can walk along the beach to a few place to eat but you really need to have a car to get around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sbbiloxigsm, Guest Relations Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so glad you could find your escape from the winter cold with us. We have very affordable prices and very rarely, days that are under freezing in the winter. Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again this winter.
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Milton, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

When my wife and I arrived at this hotel, we weren't expecting much after getting a view of the exterior. During the day, it just looked very plain. When we entered the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to see how nice it really was! Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable with all the features that you would ever need! The service was great, but the only thing that is severely lacking is the parking situation. I seriously don't think that there are enough spaces to support the entire hotel. Parking is the ONLY reason that this hotel did not get a 5-star rating from me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and want to let you know we have plans to make our parking situation more accessible and easier to navigate. Thank you again
Danville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I were planning a get away for our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose the South Beach Biloxi Hotel as our destination. Just let me say that we were very happy with our choice. The suite was wonderful, clean and had a breath-taking view of the Gulf of Mexico. The staff were so very friendly, and took care of our every need. We will certainly be going back in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are so glad that we could celebrate such a wonderful day with you. I am so glad you enjoyed the accommodations and our staff.
Gulfport, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Tried to plan a birthday surprise for my husband and was very disappointed. I upgraded to a one bedroom suite because it was bigger. Said i could entertain a small party. I couldn't even walk around the kitchen \ living room. It was very small. Due to all the stains, it didnt look or feel clean. Way over priced for what you actually get. The nicest thing i can say is that the front desk was pleasant but i expect that. Im clueless at the reviews that say this is nicest hotel ever.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the room not being able accommodate your needs and being in unfavorable conditions. I am personally making sure that those issues are rectified. If you would consider giving us another chance to accommodate you and your party, my self and sales associates we like to show you all of the different accommodations we have at South Beach.
Pollock, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My sister, husband, two young grand children and myself went for a very much needed break away and thought this hotel would be perfect after reading such good reviews. Well let me start with arriving, you first have to park and take the elevator to the third floor to the check in. There is very little parking and there is a spill over parking lot next door. We had a deluxe two bedroom two bath suite, we wanted something nice and they claim there is only four of these luxury suites with the best views. Well save your money and go somewhere else. We paid 358.00 for one night, the first thing I noticed when we entered the suite was the horribly stained carpets. When I pulled out a chair at the dining table the cushion's were even worse. There were no paper towels, pot holders, kitchen towels etc. I brought our own popcorn (none there either) took a bowl out and it was greasy, and the next and the next. The stovetop was smeared grease all over . I didn't go there to clean. There was five of us and they knew this as I made reservation 's a month in advance, but there were only four bath towels and two wash cloths, no hand towels. The sleeper sofa was a joke, no one can sleep on that . The only thing clean was the bathrooms and the bedding. We opted out for breakfast since it cost $6 for what any other hotel would serve free. The beach in that area was also very trashed up, you would do better at the public beach, much nicer. The pool is very small .You can get something much nicer for half the price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing this review and bring to our attention the issues you had with your accommodations. I want to assure you this is not the level of service we want provide to our guest. The issues you have brought to my attention are being corrected immediately and we are working to improve the parking availability and accessibility. I would hope to get another chance to provide you with the high level of services deserved when making the choice to stay with us.
Galliano, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My brother, sis in law and I just stayed at this hotel. For a total of 2 days, $519. Outrageous. There was one bedroom and a full bath, and a half bath in the entrance. I was going to sleep on the sofa bed. It was so uncomfortable, you could feel the bar in your back and the mattress was stained. There was no trash can in the half bath. The kitchenette had only 1 teaspoon and no dishtowels. The door handle of the balcony door was falling off and it took all our strength to open and close it. The furniture was very dusty. If this was a $120 a night stay, I would not complain as I always believe you get what you pay for. But, in this case we did not get what we paid for. Severely overpriced. I have gotten much better rooms and service in hotels that were only $90 a night. We were charged $6 each for a basic serve yourself breakfast that is usually complimentary in other hotels. Scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, bagels, etc. And the beach was disappointing as we were not aware that in that area, it is a sound, and not the actual gulf, so there was no waves, no surf, no ocean sounds. The rest of the trip was great, though.

Room Tip: Get the cheapest one you can, facing the boulevard. And check it out, then let them know what's...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I want to apologize for not providing the experience you deserve. We want to assure you that we are taking the steps to correct the issues you had with our hotel. The Café food is being updated and we are almost finished replacing our sofa sleepers. I would hope you can gave another change to prove South Beach can exceed your hoteling experience.
North Liberty, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently had my wedding at the South Beach and we were very satisfied with the rooms and service we received. We had approximately 50 people staying at the hotel and everything went really well. Most of the staff was very friendly and willing to help in whatever way needed. The bar was open and had a great view and happy hour. The wedding and reception were beautiful, there was plenty of staff to handle our group, and everything went as planned. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The hotel was close to restaurants and the taxi fares to casino's or other places in Biloxi were cheap. It was a great location, very kid friendly, but also fun for adults! We really enjoyed our stay and appreciated the wonderful service and planning that went into making our wedding special!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear we made your special day come true. South Beach thanks you for your business and the wonderful review. Please think of us in the future for any other special events you might have. Management and staff are glad to create wonderful memories with you.
Guest Services

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!