“Comfortably designed rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Live Oak, Texas
“Comfortably designed rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It is the only hotel on the beach!

Pros: 1.5 bath, which is amazing when traveling with a teenager
Suite set-up, again- a major plus when traveling with a teenager

Cons: limited parking in the garage
they charge $5.95 per person for a continental breakfast

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. We had no problems with the staff and the room was well equipped, except for towels but that was easily resolved with a simple phone call. We only stayed one night, but if I am ever in Biloxi for an longer period, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed July 10-12. I made the reservation over the phone with Dianna with no problems. I called to confirm the morning we were to arrive and was told by central reservations that they couldn't find my reservation and that I will need to call the hotel directly in 2 hours. Keep in mind we were already on the road and we live a 5.5 hour drive away. This was extremely frustrating! An hour later I called the hotel and Dianna answered the phone. Thankfully, she found our reservation! We got there early and was able to check in to a great room! My complaints are that there is not much to do in the area and there are no great restaurants within 1-2 miles. Another thing is there is not enough convenient parking spaces. Lastly, there is no room key access to the outside doors after hours. You have to go to the one main entrance which is in the front and the beach is in the back. That means you have to walk around the hotel in the dark. Overall, it's a nice place to stay if you're visiting the casinos, on business or you enjoy smaller crowds at the beach!

• Stayed July 2014
Selma, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here on business and arrived late in the evening. Upon check-in, there was no one at the counter & the lady said "Oh, I'm sorry! I was back there playing a game & didn't hear anyone come in." She acted like we had bothered her & she really didn't seem to care. Once we got into the room, it was super nice! We had our own kitchen with full size fridge. All modern appliances, fixtures, decor, ect. However, the room did smell a bit musty and noticed someone's lipstick print on the curtains. The coffee
tables we're badly scuffed. Also, there was a lot of construction going on in the neighboring parking lot.
Now, what really aggravated me was my husband had asked for a late checkout to the lady at the desk when we checked in. She said she didn't know we'd have to call down in the morning. So my husband did since I would have to stay at the hotel while he went to a meeting. The desk said we could check out at 1. So at 12:00 the housekeeper came knocking at the door and I told her we asked for a later checkout. She was extremely rude! She rolled her eyes & said they didn't tell me that. Very rude. So when we were checking out at 1 the front desk charged my husband for half a day.. $60 more even though he notified them. They ended up crediting his card back for the half day but we were overall disappointed in the lack of customer service. Next time we visit Biloxi, we will find a new place to stay even though the rooms were nice.

• Stayed July 2014
sbbiloxigsm, Director of Sales at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. All construction comments are taken very seriously. With our customers feedback, we work to exceed your expectations. We hope you will give our staff at South Beach another chance to serve you again.
Metairie, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Pros: The rooms were very nice; a step above a hotel room with the 1/2 bath and kitchen. The view was very nice from our room and the people working the hotel were pleasant. Great spot for family to gather and hang out on the beach or in the rooms. Close to good restaurants (Steve's Marina was wonderful). Cons: The pool does NOT look like the picture. It was green and very small. A few umbrellas by the pool would have been nice. A few umbrellas on the beach or by the deck overlooking the water would be a nice touch. The "fitness center" was a long closet with 2 treadmills. The cafe ran out of everything the first evening we were there and did not replenish for the entire weekend; and, it never really offered lunch. Only dinner was offered and there were 3 meal items (hamburger, hot dog and flatbread pizza) with nachos. The breakfast really should be free and coffee should be offered all day to really offer the 'extras' to call yourself 'luxury'.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do NOT look on 'sharky's' - the next door souvenir shop.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent comments. Your input helps us achieve the best service possible. We hope you will visit us again as we strive to meet your every expectation
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel room were excellent and the staff was great. The rooms were spacious and just as they appeared on the website. Great experience in a hotel on the beach and close to home. Our entire group enjoyed our stay and looking forward to returning. The staff handled our group professionally and I would recommend this hotel and venue to anyone. It is true that there is no room service or full service restaurant on site but there was enough close by to accommodate anyone.

Room Tip: We chose a 2 bedroom suite on the top floor and I enjoyed every minute of it. The room was in the c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was a first and last visit this hotel. When I checked in the front desk person was very unprofessional. When I walked in the room I noticed the room didn't have any towels. When I called front desk the lady stated that they were out of towels for the night. I asked her well how am I supposed to bath myself, and she just paused and stated that she would go and try to find towels from another empty room. A security guy knocked on the room 1:30 am in the morning asking if I needed something I told him I told the front desk person I needed towels. He said the same thing she said about checking another room. He didn't return until 2:30 am! By that time I had went to the store to purchase towels to take a bath. When I finally cut the water on it was not hot. It was the worst experience ever. They need more workers at night as well because it was only the front desk worker and the security guard working the entire hotel. A waste of money!

Room Tip: All the rooms facing the beach are two bedroom. One bedroom rooms have the worst views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Garyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Rooms are very nice and roomy, the room we had could very easily sleep six people. The hotel has a small pool and a walkway to the beach which is really nice and easy to access. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is also a cafe that serves food and drinks but are over priced when you can run across the street to the gas station or Waffle House. The parking garage only has about 15 spots and is step up awkwardly. The parking lot outside is also small which makes trying to find any spot to park hard. On the third floor there is a place where they sell drinks and anything basis that one may have forgotten which is nice. The room we stayed in was stocked with glasses, plates, and cooking wear as well as washer and dryer.

Stayed June 2014

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!