“Great bang for your buck” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
3rd night 50% off
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great bang for your buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

One of the only locations on the south side of the highway so you can literally walk out the hotel directly onto the beach. We reserved a one bedroom suite with a partial beach view and I was very pleased with the unit. It was a unit on the east side and from our balcony we could see some of the beach and "Sharkheads" souvenir shop next door. That was convenient, by the way, because we could just walk from our hotel to the shop next door with our toddler and load up on all the typical tourist trinkets. Also, not too far down the road is Shaggy's Restaurant. We ate there a couple of times and the food and service was very good.

As for the room, it was nothing super fancy, but it was clean and everything functioned properly. WIFI signal was strong and speed was decent. One thing I did miss on the property was the public outdoor BBQ pits that most complexes have so we just broiled our steaks in our room instead.

The beach itself was OK. We never walked along the beach or in the water without our sandals or crocs on. I just saw too much trash and bits of broken glass,etc scattered along the beach. If you set your expectations appropriately then you won't be disappointed with the beach...but this isn't Pensacola and you have to remember that.

The one thing that impressed me the most was the staff. From the housekeepers to the front desk, everyone was extremely nice and they seemed to genuinely enjoy their job.

For a quick weekend getaway I would definitely go back to South Beach...great price and enough to do in Biloxi to keep you busy for a few days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
sbbiloxigsm, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your great review! I'm happy that you enjoyed the short walk from our hotel to the beach, and the room. Our staff is very friendly and are here to assist. Hope to see you again, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Can't go wrong spacious comfortable rooms. Make sure to ask for a room with a Gulf view. Great location, quiet peaceful. It has a soaking tub, only thing that needs to be added is a hot tub. Had a great time, my new getaway spot.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you liked the views of the Gulf from the room. We hope to see you again, soon.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked a double room for myself, my daughter, her boyfriend and the grandkids and what a great choice. We had a beautiful room with a balcony connected to the bedroom. The view of the gulf was amazing and I could watch my watch my daughter and grandkids play on the beach from the balcony. Spacious enough for all of us, great kitchen, fantastic shower all at an amazing price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review! We are just steps from the beach. I'm glad you enjoyed the views from the room. We hope to see you again, soon.
Annandale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and were here last year and loved it. Highly recommend for couples. Be sure to have a car not much around but Shaggys is right down the beach. This place is perfect for a long weekend or 4-6 nights to recharge your batteries doing nothing but eat,drink and walk the beach.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again, soon.
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We absolutely loved this place. We will be staying here from now on every time we go to the coast. Great view, and we were on the top floor. Loved the fact that all we had to do was just walk out to the beach. The staff was extremely nice, and housekeeping was ready to assist you with whatever you needed. You gotta try this place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The beach is right out the doors. Our staff is here to assist with anything you need. We hope to see you again, soon.
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen and washer and dryer! We had room 1905. Top floor!! The view was wonderful.

The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans,plates,silverware,toaster,blender, coffee pot, dishwasher, stove and microwave. We saved money by going to the Food Giant store 2 miles away and made some meals in the room.
The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job cleaning while we were down playing on the beach.
We were happy to have a washer and dryer and 2 bathrooms!

The "fitness area" consisted of 2 treadmills. The bar had a happy hour from 5-8 and it was a nice atmosphere and they gave use some really good popcorn. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the room amenities and the views. We do offer a cafe/bar with inside and outside seating. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the popcorn! We hope to see you again, soon.
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Let me start with saying that the hotel was a great value. I loved the full-sized kitchen appliances and it is adequately stocked with dishes and cooking pans for a small family. On the other hand, there were strange discrepancies for a hotel that advertises itself as "ultra luxury" with "personalized service beyond your expectations" and "unparalleled commitment to service". For starters, it seemed strange that there were not soap dishes on the bathroom sinks, or cups. Very minor, but wet soap leaves a mess. They do not have a hand towel racks in the bathrooms, and in the half bath one can only toss it behind the faucet. Our bed skirt had several long rips and the shower curtain was missing a shower hook. I reported both, but these items were not fixed. The hair dryer smoked when used on low speed. I told the maid, and she said she would notify maintenance. It wasn't fixed the next morning so I went to the front desk and they had someone replace it very quickly. The latches on both bathroom doors didn't work, and the master bath door wouldn't stay closed. I did not report either of these problems, since it seemed that I was already making daily calls to correct other items. The kitchen did not have pot holders, nylon scrubber, or dish cloths and towels. I had to ask for the dish towels at the front desk, and then they failed to replace the dirty ones they removed several times and I had to request them. The maids also forgot a bath mat one day, and I had to call to request for clean towels another day. I asked for the sheets on the pull-out to be replaced, and we were provided two fitted sheets. We had rips in the master bedroom sheets, and they didn't fit the mattress so the corner was always slipping off during the night. We weren't provided the password for internet upon check-in and didn't see it in the guest book in the room. Once we received it, the wireless worked well and they also had an internet plug in. I did have to crawl under the desk to plug in the computer, another strange feature for a "luxery" hotel. When we tried calling the front desk or the room service manager, we had to call multiple times, let the phone ring over and over, left messages, and it took a while to reach someone both times we called. The price of breakfast listed on the comment card on the room and the price on the hotel elevator is different. It's only available for two hours, but we ate breakfast in our rooms each morning anyway. I took a long bath following a morning run, and loved the over-sized tub which was perfect for relaxing. As in the rest of my stay there is a "but"- there was mold- another lack of "attention to detail" by the staff. I searched the website and guest book for information about a gym, but didn't see one advertised. On our last day, I discovered they had two treadmills in a narrow room on the third floor. I should have asked the front desk, but expected the information to be listed on the elevator with their other amenities or online. The furniture is heavily marred, but serviceable. We had a wine cooler that seems like a nice extra (which we didn't use) but I would prefer a small breakfast table or counter to eat at. If you bring a family, the only place to sit and eat is on the sofa chair or on the couch at the living room table. This seems like a mess destined to happen if you have younger kids (and even a potential mess for adults trying to eat.) The small washer in the hall was adequate although it would have been nice to have a detergent dispenser. The small dryer took several hours to dry our clothes, and I had a small load. I will say that we had one maid, Vinette, who was cheerful, and she took care of all the small details in our room. The small table and two chairs on the balcony were appreciated and we had some wind protection while also having a good view of the beach. I don't know why, but the first part of the week we had a large dumpster directly under our window which was full and with the right wind, had a distinct smell. It seems they could have placed it on the opposite side of the parking lot away from the rooms, and the ocean side view. Overall, three of us on a working vacation/spring break had a good stay for the price we paid. If the management wants to live up to the advertisements, they need to step up their game.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!