Went to Biloxi on 3 day weekend, off-season. Two adults, 3 children (aged 4, 11 and 16). Got 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath suite with bunk beds. Overall, room was great, and family friendly. On the beach. Decent pool. Only issue in room, is one toilet did not flush... but with a second bathroom, it was not a terribly big deal.
Big complaint here though, is the guest service. After booking and paying for the room on 9/11/2013, I arrived on Saturday 9/21/2013, and at check-in was notified that they hadn't assigned us a room. Took 15 minutes to sort that out, and hovered dangerously close to not having a room at all - bad bad bad!
But the worst was yet to come... On checkout day, we decided to spend the morning from 8-9 am on the beach and let the little one play in the sand, then swim in the pool from 9-10:30 am and then leisurely, shower and pack from 10:30 - 11:30 and then hit the café before checking out - per the hotels checkout policy, at 12 pm Well, the hotel had other plans for us.
Management supposedly called our room at 11 am (which I didn't hear because I was in the shower, and no one else heard because they were watching tv and packing in the livingroom) to tell us we either needed to leave immediately or be trapped in our room all day - they were replacing carpet in the hall with tile.
Since we didn't answer the phone, a "maintenance" worker, simply barged into our room, without knocking, using his maintenance keycard, and told my wife that we had to "go now, or be trapped in the room all day"
Well, we weren't packed and ready, but we HAD to go because we had plans... So we quickly threw everything, haphazardly together, with no knowing what was packed where, and attempted to leave at 11:20 am, but found we could not leave because the maintenance workers had already started smearing tile glue everywhere in the hall. They so courteously left us a 1 foot "walking path" that was far too small to wheel our luggage through.
The manager ended up sending hospitality workers to help us lift and carry our wheeled items through to the elevator, but had they waited til 12pm - checkout time, to start work , instead of 11, we'd have been gone properly of our on accord...
But, the fact remains... we weren't quite ready to go, but in effect were kicked out. We weren't able to pack properly, get cleaned up, or visit the café, as we now had perishables packed "somewhere" in our car The management decided to start replacing the carpet without waiting for the checkout time to arrive, which is just awful. I hate to think of what would have happened if we had been out on the beach, just coming in... we'd have been sandy, and wet, hanging out in the lobby for hours with a 4 year old...waiting for tile glue to dry so we could get to our room...
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Biloxi Hotel And Suites
- South Beach Biloxi Hotel Biloxi
- South Beach Biloxi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Biloxi, Mississippi's only beachfront hotel located directly on the sandy shores of the Gulf Coast. Close to Casino Row and popular Biloxi attractions, South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites is a one of a kind ultra luxury all-suite hotel. Expect the best in guest suite amenities, the best in scenic views, and personalized service beyond your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.