“Must stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wow!!! The only hotel ON the beach in Biloxi Gulfport. The service was great. The front desk was super helpful. Breakfast was a great benefit. The pool was awesome. The beach is perfect for any activity. The room was crazy we had the king and bunks. It had a full Kitchen, living room, dining room, 2 bathrooms, and 2 separate bed rooms. All the rooms were HUGE. Family friendly. Couple friendly. The rooms are silent never once did we here someone from another room. Just an outstanding stay.

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Paid for Wi-fi and is hasn't worked yet. Had to do a project and their solution was to sit in the cafe and do it. I've come to the conclusion it has never worked in this room. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We won't be back.

Houma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the South Biloxi Beach Hotel for the weekend and had a wonderful time.
Check in was Friday at 4 o'clock and I wish it would've been a bit earlier. However it did leave us enough time to put our bathing suits on and go down to the beach for a little while. The rooms were clean and very spacious. We had the two bedroom suite and had no complaints at all. The floor-to-ceiling windows provided a beautiful view of the gulf.
Dinner that night was on the terrace on the third floor. The view of the gulf was amazing as well as the breeze that was coming off the water. The staff in the restaurant was great. We never had to look for someone when we needed our drinks refilled. My only complaint would be that the menu was very limited.
The location of the hotel offered many things to do other than the beach. Saturday we ventured out of the hotel and went to a great little place that had miniature golf, bumper cars, and go carts.
Staff that you saw in anywhere in the hotel very friendly. Everyone asked if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything that they could do for us.
I would go back and I would also recommend this hotel to everyone.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed one night in room 1815 with partial ocean view and wrap around balcony to see Hwy 90 coming into town. Booked at the last minute on Expedia.com and paid about 250 for one night in a 1 BR suite with a foldout couch.

Good:
Plenty of parking in a covered attached parking garage and a lot outside
pool and direct beach access- very quiet beach no other adjacent hotels or condos nearby
very clean, modern rooms with large balcony spaces
Just down the way on the beach you can rent a chair and umbrella for 25 dollars a day- I counted about 20 so I would show up early to be able to have a chair
Waffle House just next door with great service for late night breakfast etc.
$10 dollar taxi ride to the other end of the strip (casinos like Hard Rock for dinner and drinks)
Very helpful front desk staff

Bad:
Phone in the room did not work
Door to enter onto balcony was almost non operational and very hard to open and close without brute force
Pool was overrun with children who were screaming and yelling (diving too which is not allowed) along with adults who had glass beverages at the pool area. Kids we counted about 13 of them all appeared to be staying in the same hotel room as they were yelling to one of the balconies above. My comment to management staff is that they should encourage guests to act more respectful of other guests who want to use the facilities
Water in the ocean is brown, and full of jellyfish

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms are spacious and have modern decor which i loved. The cleanliness is another story. Initially, I booked the room for 2 nights but after discovering how dirty that the room is, I moved to another hotel for the 2nd night. The kitchen area's sink was dirty. The bathroom sink had hair on it and the mirror was dirty. There was dust on the fixtures, and the bathtub didn't appear clean. I didn't take a bath at all or take my shoes off in the room. This hotel has so much potential with being a great hotel, but the cleanliness overshadows everything (in my book). Even when seeing the cleaning staff, they appeared to be tired and not enthused at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were on our way back to Houston, TX from Disnay in Florida. Hotel very friendly. The rooms were spacious. Sliding doors need to be worked on, latches didn't work great. Right on the beach and had a pool the kids loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my 3rd time this past week.My stay was delightful.The bartender Scott was very friendly and very attentive.I had a few problems on my first day i was there to where somehow my room was overlooked and not cleaned&then when it was it wasnt up to my standards at all when i did receive service.The next day was so much better the housekeeper i had received service from went above and beyond to meet my needs and expectations and did it with a friendly attitude and a big smile on her face.I explained how my wife would be coming into town and she had been very sick and that i needed the room cleaned and up to par.If you stay here and need excellence housekeeping service i highly recommend Erica.I just wanna say the newer staff here is super friendly and we will Most Definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!