“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houma
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the South Biloxi Beach Hotel for the weekend and had a wonderful time.
Check in was Friday at 4 o'clock and I wish it would've been a bit earlier. However it did leave us enough time to put our bathing suits on and go down to the beach for a little while. The rooms were clean and very spacious. We had the two bedroom suite and had no complaints at all. The floor-to-ceiling windows provided a beautiful view of the gulf.
Dinner that night was on the terrace on the third floor. The view of the gulf was amazing as well as the breeze that was coming off the water. The staff in the restaurant was great. We never had to look for someone when we needed our drinks refilled. My only complaint would be that the menu was very limited.
The location of the hotel offered many things to do other than the beach. Saturday we ventured out of the hotel and went to a great little place that had miniature golf, bumper cars, and go carts.
Staff that you saw in anywhere in the hotel very friendly. Everyone asked if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything that they could do for us.
I would go back and I would also recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed one night in room 1815 with partial ocean view and wrap around balcony to see Hwy 90 coming into town. Booked at the last minute on Expedia.com and paid about 250 for one night in a 1 BR suite with a foldout couch.

Good:
Plenty of parking in a covered attached parking garage and a lot outside
pool and direct beach access- very quiet beach no other adjacent hotels or condos nearby
very clean, modern rooms with large balcony spaces
Just down the way on the beach you can rent a chair and umbrella for 25 dollars a day- I counted about 20 so I would show up early to be able to have a chair
Waffle House just next door with great service for late night breakfast etc.
$10 dollar taxi ride to the other end of the strip (casinos like Hard Rock for dinner and drinks)
Very helpful front desk staff

Bad:
Phone in the room did not work
Door to enter onto balcony was almost non operational and very hard to open and close without brute force
Pool was overrun with children who were screaming and yelling (diving too which is not allowed) along with adults who had glass beverages at the pool area. Kids we counted about 13 of them all appeared to be staying in the same hotel room as they were yelling to one of the balconies above. My comment to management staff is that they should encourage guests to act more respectful of other guests who want to use the facilities
Water in the ocean is brown, and full of jellyfish

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms are spacious and have modern decor which i loved. The cleanliness is another story. Initially, I booked the room for 2 nights but after discovering how dirty that the room is, I moved to another hotel for the 2nd night. The kitchen area's sink was dirty. The bathroom sink had hair on it and the mirror was dirty. There was dust on the fixtures, and the bathtub didn't appear clean. I didn't take a bath at all or take my shoes off in the room. This hotel has so much potential with being a great hotel, but the cleanliness overshadows everything (in my book). Even when seeing the cleaning staff, they appeared to be tired and not enthused at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were on our way back to Houston, TX from Disnay in Florida. Hotel very friendly. The rooms were spacious. Sliding doors need to be worked on, latches didn't work great. Right on the beach and had a pool the kids loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my 3rd time this past week.My stay was delightful.The bartender Scott was very friendly and very attentive.I had a few problems on my first day i was there to where somehow my room was overlooked and not cleaned&then when it was it wasnt up to my standards at all when i did receive service.The next day was so much better the housekeeper i had received service from went above and beyond to meet my needs and expectations and did it with a friendly attitude and a big smile on her face.I explained how my wife would be coming into town and she had been very sick and that i needed the room cleaned and up to par.If you stay here and need excellence housekeeping service i highly recommend Erica.I just wanna say the newer staff here is super friendly and we will Most Definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom (with bunk beds) suite. The location was great, and we had a fabulous view from our balcony. The room looked nice. It was great having a kitchen.

Our sleeping conditions were terrible, though. There were six of us altogether. 2 on the king size bed, 2 on the pullout sofa, and 1 on each bunk. The girls on the king bed reported the best sleep but still reported back pain the next day. The girls on the bunk beds reported killing a flea and uncomfortable mattresses. The two of us on the pull out sofa (myself included) had the worst of it. The end of the sofa bed sloped downward. We basically got no sleep due to extreme discomfort. If you're staying with kids, maybe it won't be that bad. We were a group of early thirties/late twenties. I was incredibly sore after sleeping on the sofa bed.

Also, upon check-in, I reminded them we'd be using all beds as there were 6 of us and asked if extra blankets would be in the room for the sofa bed. We were told "probably" and to call down if not. We ended up having to call for sheets, extra blankets, and towels/washcloths (only two towels and two washcloths total in the room). Based on the front desk's reaction, this is a common occurrence. Honestly, it makes me question their housekeeping.

In the end, I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

when we arrived our room was lacking as far as cleanliness. I made a call to the front desk and the housekeeping manager, Ginger, showed up and did not disappoint. We left the room for about 30 minutes and when we came back, everything was up to par. Ginger was extremely friendly and determined to get our room clean and to keep us happy. It seems to show a fully stocked kitchen on the hotel's website, but we had to request certain items; however, we did get what we asked for and the staff was eager to help out. The staff at South Beach is what really stood out to me, from Ginger, to Wanda the attendant at breakfast to Shawn out at the bar, everyone is so eager to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are spacious with contemporary decor. We stayed in a two bedroom with bunk beds and a king bed. The bunk beds were very comfortable as was the king. Don't get distracted by the lobby, which is pretty modest, when you check in. The rooms are much more upscale. We found the beaches of Biloxi pretty blah, but there is nothing the hotel can change about that and if it were possible, I'd move this hotel to Gulf Shores where the beaches and water are much more inviting. IF we were going to Biloxi again, I would definitely stay at the South Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!