“The Best Yet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Houston, Texas
“The Best Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my 3rd time this past week.My stay was delightful.The bartender Scott was very friendly and very attentive.I had a few problems on my first day i was there to where somehow my room was overlooked and not cleaned&then when it was it wasnt up to my standards at all when i did receive service.The next day was so much better the housekeeper i had received service from went above and beyond to meet my needs and expectations and did it with a friendly attitude and a big smile on her face.I explained how my wife would be coming into town and she had been very sick and that i needed the room cleaned and up to par.If you stay here and need excellence housekeeping service i highly recommend Erica.I just wanna say the newer staff here is super friendly and we will Most Definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom (with bunk beds) suite. The location was great, and we had a fabulous view from our balcony. The room looked nice. It was great having a kitchen.

Our sleeping conditions were terrible, though. There were six of us altogether. 2 on the king size bed, 2 on the pullout sofa, and 1 on each bunk. The girls on the king bed reported the best sleep but still reported back pain the next day. The girls on the bunk beds reported killing a flea and uncomfortable mattresses. The two of us on the pull out sofa (myself included) had the worst of it. The end of the sofa bed sloped downward. We basically got no sleep due to extreme discomfort. If you're staying with kids, maybe it won't be that bad. We were a group of early thirties/late twenties. I was incredibly sore after sleeping on the sofa bed.

Also, upon check-in, I reminded them we'd be using all beds as there were 6 of us and asked if extra blankets would be in the room for the sofa bed. We were told "probably" and to call down if not. We ended up having to call for sheets, extra blankets, and towels/washcloths (only two towels and two washcloths total in the room). Based on the front desk's reaction, this is a common occurrence. Honestly, it makes me question their housekeeping.

In the end, I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

when we arrived our room was lacking as far as cleanliness. I made a call to the front desk and the housekeeping manager, Ginger, showed up and did not disappoint. We left the room for about 30 minutes and when we came back, everything was up to par. Ginger was extremely friendly and determined to get our room clean and to keep us happy. It seems to show a fully stocked kitchen on the hotel's website, but we had to request certain items; however, we did get what we asked for and the staff was eager to help out. The staff at South Beach is what really stood out to me, from Ginger, to Wanda the attendant at breakfast to Shawn out at the bar, everyone is so eager to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are spacious with contemporary decor. We stayed in a two bedroom with bunk beds and a king bed. The bunk beds were very comfortable as was the king. Don't get distracted by the lobby, which is pretty modest, when you check in. The rooms are much more upscale. We found the beaches of Biloxi pretty blah, but there is nothing the hotel can change about that and if it were possible, I'd move this hotel to Gulf Shores where the beaches and water are much more inviting. IF we were going to Biloxi again, I would definitely stay at the South Beach.

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went for a long weekend. This Hotel deserves a five star in my opinion. We had lots of room, very clean, location is perfect, plenty of towels, right on the beach, great view, and staff was very pleasant. I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for an Ocean View room for quieter and best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Metairie, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good:
- nice room
- room was clean
- staff apart from the front desk was very friendly
- good location

Bad:
- no guarantee you’ll receive the room you booked and no reduction in price if you don’t
- bad customer service – both at front desk and after the stay

We’ve passed this hotel a few times before but this was our first time staying here. I booked it a couple of weeks before our stay as a Mother’s Day present for my mom. I called the hotel and requested a 2 bedroom with the wrap around balcony facing the water. I confirmed one more time before hanging up that it was indeed a wrap around balcony facing the water. When we checked in and went up to the room it had a regular balcony facing a souvenir store and just a partial view of the water. I went back down to the front desk and she told me I could have the room I wanted but it would cost another $80/night on top of the $250/night I was already paying. No explanation, no concern. Basically just take it or leave it. I would have left at this point if it wasn’t for my mom. It was a Sunday night so there were plenty of vacancies at other hotels.

Once I returned home I sent an email to the hotel and a follow up to General Manager and told them about our stay, the good and the bad. I asked them if I did stay here again how could I be guaranteed the room I booked. No reply after 2 weeks. I was considering booking another room here, but at this point I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a very nice facility, right on the beach. Our 1-bedroom Deluxe Suite was large and well furnished. The furniture was comfortable and the appliances, fixtures, and furniture were stylish and contemporary. Judging from the floor plan, all rooms, other than the smallest ones on the highway end, have a view of the beach. I would certainly consider staying there again if we returned to the Gulf Coast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the South Beach Hotel for two nights. I liked the location of the hotel, which is located directly on the beach. The room was decent size with a couch, fridge and other amenities. My room faced the opposite of the beach so my view was of the road and an empty lot across the way. The balcony is fairly large but not very wide. The bathroom is large and the bedding was comfortable. I think the best part of this hotel is the floor plan that allows really nice views of the water and beach. The lady working at breakfast ( free) was extremely nice and helpful. I used the fitness room and it was a bit small. There are two seafood restaurants within walking distance and a waffle house close by. The most confusing part of our stay was the fact that you had to check in on the third floor. It must be do to a city code or something because almost all of the businesses on the beach side were raised off the ground. I would stay here again but request a room on the gulf side. I will agree with previous reviews that the glasses in the cabinets were dirty and I had to wash out our coffee pot due to it being dusty. It seems as if it isn't cleaned if it hasn't been used and it becomes dirty/dusty. I did notice stains in some of the hallways but not bad enough to make a difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a response in regards to your stay with us. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We are looking currently looking at options to replace hall carpet, hopefully this will be completed soon. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites.

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!