“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went for a long weekend. This Hotel deserves a five star in my opinion. We had lots of room, very clean, location is perfect, plenty of towels, right on the beach, great view, and staff was very pleasant. I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for an Ocean View room for quieter and best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Metairie, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good:
- nice room
- room was clean
- staff apart from the front desk was very friendly
- good location

Bad:
- no guarantee you’ll receive the room you booked and no reduction in price if you don’t
- bad customer service – both at front desk and after the stay

We’ve passed this hotel a few times before but this was our first time staying here. I booked it a couple of weeks before our stay as a Mother’s Day present for my mom. I called the hotel and requested a 2 bedroom with the wrap around balcony facing the water. I confirmed one more time before hanging up that it was indeed a wrap around balcony facing the water. When we checked in and went up to the room it had a regular balcony facing a souvenir store and just a partial view of the water. I went back down to the front desk and she told me I could have the room I wanted but it would cost another $80/night on top of the $250/night I was already paying. No explanation, no concern. Basically just take it or leave it. I would have left at this point if it wasn’t for my mom. It was a Sunday night so there were plenty of vacancies at other hotels.

Once I returned home I sent an email to the hotel and a follow up to General Manager and told them about our stay, the good and the bad. I asked them if I did stay here again how could I be guaranteed the room I booked. No reply after 2 weeks. I was considering booking another room here, but at this point I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a very nice facility, right on the beach. Our 1-bedroom Deluxe Suite was large and well furnished. The furniture was comfortable and the appliances, fixtures, and furniture were stylish and contemporary. Judging from the floor plan, all rooms, other than the smallest ones on the highway end, have a view of the beach. I would certainly consider staying there again if we returned to the Gulf Coast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the South Beach Hotel for two nights. I liked the location of the hotel, which is located directly on the beach. The room was decent size with a couch, fridge and other amenities. My room faced the opposite of the beach so my view was of the road and an empty lot across the way. The balcony is fairly large but not very wide. The bathroom is large and the bedding was comfortable. I think the best part of this hotel is the floor plan that allows really nice views of the water and beach. The lady working at breakfast ( free) was extremely nice and helpful. I used the fitness room and it was a bit small. There are two seafood restaurants within walking distance and a waffle house close by. The most confusing part of our stay was the fact that you had to check in on the third floor. It must be do to a city code or something because almost all of the businesses on the beach side were raised off the ground. I would stay here again but request a room on the gulf side. I will agree with previous reviews that the glasses in the cabinets were dirty and I had to wash out our coffee pot due to it being dusty. It seems as if it isn't cleaned if it hasn't been used and it becomes dirty/dusty. I did notice stains in some of the hallways but not bad enough to make a difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a response in regards to your stay with us. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We are looking currently looking at options to replace hall carpet, hopefully this will be completed soon. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites.
Neenah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have never had such bad service EVER!!! I am planning a wedding and wanted to get married at this hotel because it is right on the beach. I have had many phone calls with only one return call. The last thing that was said to me was that she was on her way into a meeting (why even answer the phone and I'm sure they would understand if you were late because of a customer!) but would email me the information I had requested (on several voicemails) before she left for the day. That was a month ago yesterday. Trying to contact the GM has proven to be just as hard. They obviously don't want any business.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a excellent time at South Beach Biloxi Hotel. Any problems we had (such as a few dishes being dirty in the cabinet), were quickly fixed by the staff. The room we stayed in was huge and had an amazing view of the beach. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. All of the staff was incredibly friendly. The bar food was great, and the bartender provided excellent service. The breakfast was also nice. The staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. The pool is also nice. The beach access is perfect. Overall a great value for the price and we will be returning for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and that our staff was able to assist in making your stay a great one. We look forward to seeing you again!
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The check in process and lobby give the indication that this is a below par hotel. Crowded, small, slow service. However! The rooms are awesome. Huge, comfortable, amazing views with large balconies overlooking the water. (Would suggest not getting a room on the side of the building because of highway noise, but even then, you will have a water view.) I suppose it makes sense to not spend money on lavish lobbies and put the money into the rooms. Would definitely stay here again, and the access to the beach is great for kids. No highway to walk across! The Biloxi beach looks better than it has ever looked, in my opinion. Did not eat at the restaurant, because nearby restaurants within walking distance looked more attractive.

Room Tip: beach side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post about your visit at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room while staying with us. We hope to see you back at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites in the future.

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!