“South Beach Biloxi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Ankeny
“South Beach Biloxi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the third year that I have brought anywhere from 8 to 12 golfers to stay at the hotel and play the nearby courses. I worked with Sherry Queen, who arranged all the tee times and pricing to include the rooms and golf...Sherry is very easy to work with and knows the hotel business! All in our party his year, as in years past were thoroughly satisfied with the beautiful rooms, and great service We especially enjoyed the morning breakfast put together by Wanda and her capable staff. We normally leave the last day of our one week stay so as to drive north to the Grand Bear course, located on the north side of Biloxi, and normally the breakfast starts at 6:30-----Wanda had all the food and coffee ready for us by about 6:10' without us asking...Wanda should be commended...
The evening cocktail hr's were also enjoyed and well attended. All in all, even with colder than normal weather, we had a great time, and will return in the future.
Chuck Breeding
Ankeny Iowa

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Wow! Thank you for the great review! We are so excited to hear that this was your third visit with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We will make sure to let Wanda know that her outstanding level of guest service was mentioned in your review! We look forward to seeing you next year for your next golf trip.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I had mixed thoughts on whether to book or not- well, I did.
Hotel is nice, and just like the past reviews I think many of us have the same complaint... Cleanliness.
When I arrived in my first room, I noticed the floor was not vacuumed, the kitchen appliances had not been wiped down, not a towel in the place, there was old soap in the tub, no Kleenex in the holder... I called down, and Kelly the front desk worker was very kind- she asked me to come down and she'd put me in another room.
New room definitely cleaner, my major complaint- the bedding... Or lack there of. There is a flat sheet as your fitted sheet, no mattress pad (I find that very odd), another flat sheet on the first flat sheet and a very thin blanket or throw... I decided not to complain again so I headed to Walmart and purchased a sheet set. I would not have been able to be comfortable or sleep as it was... Yuck!!
I can't believe at $150+ a night they wouldn't have good bedding...
Other than that- all in all a good space.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your visit to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. It is through our guest's feedback on their experience at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites that allows us correct areas that are not meeting or exceeding expectations. We are working with our housekeeping team to correct these area.
We hope you will stay with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites during your future visits to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We slept only one night, the room was big, confortable and very clean. The was service very good ans so was the brekfast! The price was affordable but not cheap, we payed what we got. I personally suggest to book here it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the review! We are always glad to hear that we were able to meet our guest's expectations. We hope you will continue to stay with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites for your future visitis to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Everything about our stay at SBBH & S was great. They treated us wonderfully and the room was one of the best in which we have ever stayed. We had the seventh floor east side and watched the sun rise over Biloxi from the comfort of our bed. Loved the balcony. We took pictures of the room because words could not do it justice. Only hotel on the beach side of Beach Blvd. Free breakfast was a very pleasant surprise. The only thing which some getting used to was the pocket door to the washroom.

Room Tip: Trains and ambulance noise at night so bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Awesome review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and were able to enjoy the wonderful view of the sunrise. We hope that you will be staying with us again at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites during your future visits to the Mississippi Gulf Coast!
New Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After staying at another hotel nearby that didn't even have a coffee maker in the room - we were very pleased to discover South Beach! The price was reasonable AND included a surprising variety of food for a continental breakfast. How can you beat having a kitchen, 1 & 1/2 baths, washer & dryer,a separate bedroom - and it's right on the beach! The staff was friendly, the unit was very clean and nicely decorated. Everyone went out of their way to accomodate our requests. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel and location were great. The hotel is right on the water. We had an excellent view of the gulf and the beach. We were looking for a great getaway spot for not a whole lot of money. This was it. The breakfast every morning was a great plus. Rooms were nice and clean. I will agree with other reviewers, my only complaint is about the housekeeping. When they came the were very early, and one day we asked them to come back a little later because we were sleeping in and they didn't come back at all, not even after I notified the front desk, and the gentleman said they send someone right up. But other than that our experience was a good one. Will definitely come back to the hotel. Biloxi is a great vacation spot. It's rich in history, so while you are there take a tour with the lady in the Orange Jeep (you can find her in the lot across from the visitor's center), she will give you a great tour. If South Beach Hotel can fix the housekeeping issue, they would be an awesome hotel.

Room Tip: If you are couple, who doesn't want to hear the patter of little feet early in the morning, ask...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us.
We apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your visit. We are working to correct this issues.
Again, thank you for posting this review. It is through our guest's reviews that we are able to improve on areas that are below expectations.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The location is great. Right on the water with a good view. However, in walking into the room, the drapes were coming off the rod and hanging; the shower curtain was hanging on three hooks; the lock did not work on the door and last but by no means least, they did not change the bedding from the previous occupant. We did not notice until very late at night so ended up sleeping on top of the top sheet with our clothes on. The comforter was too soiled to use and the blanket on the bed was as thin as a sheet. We got up in the middle of the night to put jackets on for warmth. The next morning I went to the front desk with the list of things to be fixed and asked for another blanket. We left the hotel and went sight-seeing. When we got back to freshen up for dinner, the bedding still wasn't changed nor was anything fixed in the room. I called the front desk again. Soon I received a knock on the door with someone from maintenance or housekeeping (I don't know which) and they handed me two blankets and two sheets. I asked if I was supposed to change the sheets and they did not know. I called the front desk again and we left for dinner. When we returned, we were delighted to see the bed was changed although I was surprised to see they used a flat sheet on the bottom. We retired and the next morning the bottom sheet had come loose and I found out they had put the clean sheet over the soiled one. Fortunately, we were checking out that a.m. I do hope they changed the sheets for the next occupants but it makes you wander what else they do not clean in the room. In other areas, the so-called restaurant was a joke. Only had hamburgers available and was delivered on a paper plate. No silver ware and no napkins. We asked for a knife to cut the burger and received a small plastic knife. Still no napkin. I ordered water; my husband ordered a glass of wine. They charged me $5 fro the water but noted it as a glass of gin. How many people may not notice that when we have it added to our room bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your experience with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. It is through our guest's feedback that we are able to address any issues that do not meet expectations.
I am familiar with your stay with us and was present when the housekeeping issues were brought to the attention of housekeeping management.The manager personally cleaned your room after the issues were brought to her attention. Due to the concern with the bedding the manager triple sheeted your bed, as is done with our VIP rooms, meaning she places two bottom sheets on the bed. Iapologize that the manager did not pass this information on to you resulting in the thought that a dirty sheet was left on the bed.
I apologize for any billing issues related to purchase in the Level 3 Cafe & Bar. Please feel free to contact me and we will get the billing issue corrected immediately.
Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Been to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!