“My favorite buffet in Biloxi” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 187 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“My favorite buffet in Biloxi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have eaten at the Back Bay Buffet at the IP in Biloxi probably about 10 times, most recently last weekend. The dining room leaves a lot to be desired, kind of cafeteria and very crowded. However, we have found the food to be consistently good. We always go on the weekend so we can eat crab. The crab is always cooked and seasoned properly and hot. oriental and seafood selections are also good. It is one of the more expensive buffets in town, but worth the extra money.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alabama
“Went Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I ate here in Feb for dinner with comps. It was just ok, nothing inedible, but nothing that had me wanting to come back. We gave it a few months and tried the lunch again a few days ago. Now, that was inedible. I am not a picky eater and I could not find a single thing to eat. it just got worse and worse. The vegetables had no taste whatsoever, the fish was cold, the noodles were just awful, so I tried a salad. Can't mess up salad right? Wong. The lettuce was warm and the dressing hand a wangy taste. The desserts did not make up for anything. The cheesecake was edible, and there was a toffee cake that was ok. I absolutely hated wasting so much food, but I literally could not finish anything they had (with the exception of a piece of sausage). I actually left this buffet hungry. I won't be giving this place another chance. We will take our comps to the High Tide Cafe from now on.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, FL
“No Dungenous crab but Great Prime Rib.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Their prices are high. The buffet is remarkable. However they dropped the dungeons crab so we droped them.

Visited March 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Don't waste your money or time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I've been coming to the Imperial Palace for years and have eaten at this restuarant (only because I got comped) many times, but this time was the worst. After I paid $48 for myself and my girlfriend, we discovered there wasn't any crab legs, which we drove all the way over for. It was "Steak and Shrimp" night, and the steak was absolutely dry and tough. I ordered a glass of wine for my girlfriend and the waiter, when I could finally get him to the table, said "$4 dollars". I finally spoke to the manager and told him my disappointment at the lack of crab legs, and he said they changed to weekend only after the 1st of the year. I asked about charging for a glass of wine, and he also said that changed after the 1st. I tried a couple of other dishes, which were cold. The ice cream from the dessert bar was the only thing I enjoyed. Even my girlfriend, who eats fish every night, said the salmon wasn't fresh and the shrimp were overcooked. I could of spent much less and had a better meal at the Golden Corral. Definately one of the worst meals I've had in a long time and the manager could of cared less. Definatley not giving that casino anymore of my money.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Excellent Seafood Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I feel this is the best fri and sat seafood buffet in Biloxi. They have well seasoned dungeness and snow crabs with dipping butter, great prime rib, fried/boiled shrimp, fried frog legs/fish/chicken/crawfish, etouffe, hush puppies, grilled oysters and a lot of other typical buffet food. The desserts are pretty good although the selection is limited. You can also get a cappucino, latte or hot chocolate from the machine they have there.
In addition, the wait staff is pretty good at refilling your drinks and getting any additional condiments you would like. It is pretty expensive at $29.00/person, but if you gamble, you can get a discount (depending on how much you play) when you swipe your IP rewards card.

• Visited October 2011