“Have not been disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 188 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
Birmingham
“Have not been disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dined here 6 times now and never had a bad experience...fast and friendly service, great meals, and good portions....not an inexpensive restaurant, but remember where this is located....I will not hesitate to return due to some other menu options still wanting to try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Deltona, FL
“Good food and excellent, lightning-fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm in Biloxi on business this week, and ate at Jia last night. I had a reservation for 5:45 PM and arrived about five minutes early. I was seated immediately, and given the wine list, daily menu, and sushi menu.

I selected the "Bubble Gum" roll (Tempura Shrimp, Cream Cheese, Poached Shrimp & Eel Sauce) from the sushi menu, and the orange chicken from the daily menu. My server offered to bring the sushi as an appetizer, and I gratefully agreed. The roll was brought out in six or seven minutes, to my pleasant surprise.

Just as I was finishing my sushi, the orange chicken was brought out, and served at the perfect temperature.

I enjoyed my orange chicken (with steamed white rice) but had to decline dessert, as the portion was quite large.

Overall, I enjoyed the food, but found it slightly overpriced. The service, however, was absolutely excellent--quick and attentive.

I found the restaurant to be very quiet, which might make it a good match for a business dinner, however, this might be because I was dining so early.

Overall, I found "Jia" to be an above-average choice, and because of its convenient location (if one is staying at Beau Rivage), I could see myself eating here again on a future trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

All I had was a glass of white wine and the shrimp & avocado salad, which was very good. The entrees were too expensive & I wasn't that hungry. But, I did enjoy what I had.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had no trouble getting a table on a Friday night even though we had no booking. The receptionist asked if we would like to dine Hibachi style which we thought would be interesting. When we went to sit down, we realised it was Teppanyaki. Love Teppanyaki so no issue at all.
The waitress was very very helpful and when she realised we were from Australia we had a great conversation. She was very friendly. The food was really good and very good value for money.
Only downside was nothing to do with the restaurant at all. We had a guy on our table who sat during the whole meal with his iPod earplugs in. Thankfully the couple at the other end of the table were much more engaging.
Certainly recommend this restaurant, especially if you had a group of friends with you. It was fun and again great food and excellent service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great place... IF you order the more elevated dishes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've heard many people say that Jia is overrated, only to find out that they had some lo mien or stir fry dish.

If you go to Jia, you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't order the higher end dishes. The roast duckling, braised short ribs, and whole crispy snapper, for example, are fantastic. The stir fry, lo mien, and hibachi taste like any other decent place out there, so spend your casino winnings and splurge on the higher-end entrees.

As far as the Beau properties, Jia and Stalla are head to head as my favorites. I will say though, that Tien at the IP is a better asian place.

• Visited May 2013