“Located in the Beau” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
howelldw
“Located in the Beau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a nice restaurant in the back of the casino. Prices are above average for a hibachi type grill. The food was good as was the sushi.

Visited February 2013

Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Best sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit and very impressed. We sat at the sushi bar and enjoyed interacting with the Chefs. This is by far the best sushi we have ever tasted! Hats off to the Chefs! Great way to spend our Valentines Day.

jacksonville
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Godzilla roll is very good but expensive. The pad Thai was dry and hard very disappointed. My husband got "3 fishes". Not sure of exact name and it was only 3 bites . Our waitress seemed to rush us. Doubt we'd go again

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Incredibly poor service and mediocre food for price.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Long delays to place an order and to finally receive my food. I was dinkg solo and server seemed to be bothered by my presence in her section. Food was okay but very poor value for the price charged. On the plus side the interior of the restaurant is gorgeous.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, FL
“Good...not great....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

As part of a birthday surprise trip staying at the Beau, we ate at Jia. Had an 8:00 reservation and was seated at a normal table within five minutes. The hostess was most pleasant. Our server was nice, but she seemed to try to hurry us along. Having been in the restaurant business, I can understand how things are at a peak seating time when you're busy - but try not to let the customer see/sense it. I must admit that I was a bit intoxicated, so I don't remember what (if any) appetizer was ordered, not do I recall what my husband had. All I know is that since it was my birthday, I majorily splurged and ordered the Ginger Lobster. ($150) Other than the rather (too) large slices of ginger (I know, I know...it's called ginger lobster for a reason...I just wasn't expecting the slices to be the size of half dollars) it was quite good. Lots of meat, both tail and claw meat. In fact, for as much as I love lobster, I couldn't finish it all and had to reluctantly share with my husband. All in all, it's a decent restaurant. I've had much better, had way worse.

• Visited January 2013