“Rip off” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
Hattiesburg
“Rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I went there expecting fine dining but didn't get either one. If I'm gonna pay 118.00 for a half pound lobser I will go somewhere that I could get some side items. 230.00 for two drinks and appetizer and fried rice along with the lobster that had no meat. I will never eat there again...and it wasn't the money I didn't mind that but I had to eat an hour later. And it was loud and tables too close together, shall I say.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans
“Loud, Appetizers good, entrees.....skip next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We had dinner with our three children, college age and older. Drinks were good. Service was good. The room was noisy with not from the casino, but from other loud diners. We ordered appetizers which were very good. Two of us split the Pu-Pu platter, which is an assortment of about 5 appetizers. Very good, especially the fried calamari. Then the entrees arrived. Not good at all. Tasteless. Also, it is a pricey restaurant. Not worth it. We skipped dessert. I would not go back. I give it average since the appetizers and cocktails were good to very good.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
College Station, TX
“Wow experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Everything at jia was amazing! Great atmosphere, great service, great food! Had some amazing sushi, and wonderful dumplings to start with. Then my wife had this blackened tuna that was amazing, and I had a trio that came with a citrus scallop, dynamite halibut, and butterfish. I would pay twice what I paid for this dinner. It was one of those wow experiences and we will definitely be back. Sit in the main dining area...probably a more unique experience than hibachi. Oh and the banana napoleon dessert was so delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazzzzing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Jia's is one of my favorite spots to have a wonderful dining experience, from the minute you walk in its beautiful waterfall wall entry to the all around design of the restaurant and staff truly makes you feel special, their are 3 menu's the fine dining table service, the hibachi in rear and the sushi menu all of which have wonderful selections, the ribeye steak is one of the best steaks I have had and I eat at Ruth's which I love but this one beats it. My favorite waiter is Pawl aka Elvis what a nice man, ask his opinion for selections on menu he knows it all and will never steer you wrong... Beau Rivage has a quality restaurant in Jia's and its one of the main reason's I stay at the Beau

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Biloxi, MS
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We arrived 15 mins early for our reservation. Someone who arrived significantly after us was sat before us (either they were very late for their reservation or early for a later time). When we were finallly sat, we waited for a bit. Our waiter came over and began to introduce himself. As he was doing so, a female from the party who was sat before us called his name (he seemed to know them personally and was not serving their table). He left us midsentence to go talk to her. Whatever she asked for he went to get and did not come back to our table. I was so offended I couldn't even stand to eat there so I can't speak for their food. It seemed they were giving preferential treatment to certain customers and not others. We are actually locals and will never go back to eat there. The Beau Rivage will be lucky to get our service back in general after that.....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere