“MS Gulf Coast Charm: The Real Deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Chateau Blessey
1012 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Biloxi B&B and Inns
Southeastern U.S.
“MS Gulf Coast Charm: The Real Deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Chateau Blessey is SO much more than the sum of its wonderful parts. The location is extraordinary. The view of the Gulf is magnificent. The rooms and the home are exceptional. But the thing that will elevate your experience (likely as a lifetime favorite), is the truly unique character and charm of two wonderful people: your hosts Walter and Katherine Blessey. They represent an element of the “Deep South” that is well represented in the works of great southern writers, but is increasingly difficult to experience in “real time.” Treat yourself to a lifetime opportunity and don’t miss Chateau Blessey!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We came as proud Baltimore Ravens and left as Superball Champions! We didn't get to explore the town as much as we wanted because we were running back and forth to New Orleans, but Walter was kind enough to give us some good history about Biloxi and New Orleans. We enjoyed the stay and the breakfast so much that we are thinking about coming back to Chateau Blessey in November again for a friend's wedding in New Orleans. Walter's shrimp and grits (a must try) and Katherine's decorations made us feel that this was really our beautiful home on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently enjoyed a stay at this B&B and had a thoroughly wonderful time. While we were in Biloxi primarily to participate in our ‘see food’ diet the experience we had at Chataue Blessey was the icing on the cake. The Governor’s room was spacious and comfortable with an awe-inspiring view of the Mississippi Sound directly out our windows. Each room has its own private entrance that made easy our many daily arrivals and departures. Besides the delicious gourmet breakfasts that were unique each morning we were made to feel right at home by the owners, Walter and Katherine Blessey. We highly recommend this property to anyone planning a visit to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a must try place in Mississippi. An incredible story as this home was completely destroyed by Katrina and rebuilt by the owners using salvaged materials from the original home. Just to see the restoration is worth the stay but that is not the only reason. The owners are amazing. I didn't have a chance to spend much time with Mrs. Blessy as she was recovering from a procedure that she recently undergone. Mr. Blessy is an amazing man! His treated me as though I was his friend (or family member) from the minute I contacted him on the phone to make the reservation until the morning I left. The home is beautifully located right on the beach in Biloxi and has a beautiful porch across the front that is perfect for coctails, or Iced tea, in the evenings. The breakfast is southern and delicious!

My stay here, albeit short, was amazing and I can't wait to return to see my friend, Walter, at the Chateau Blessy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We didn't actually stay at this facility because we were staying at local timeshare. While out walking we were so impressed with the beautiful exterior of this property that we decided to knock on the door and ask for a tour.

Walter Blessey, the owner was so eager to invite us in for a tour. The facility bedrooms were themed and just absolutely inviting. The living/dining area even had matching baby grand pianos (one for a child), as well as, small rocking chairs for children that match similar adult size rocking chairs. The kitchen was a professional design that is fit for large meal preparation..

The view of the ocean was so mesmerizing and you couldn't help but to enjoy the opportunity to savor in its beauty.

Very impressive and highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Maurepas, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a find! Trying to find a convenient place for "Cruzin The Coast", and thankfully most of the hotels were all booked. Found this treasure of a Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic location facing the gulf, walking distance to Beau and Hard Rock. Hospitality of the owner's were enchanting. Couldn't wait for breadfast each morning! Came home and booked same for next year.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms available, so book early. Each room has a private entrance.