“Really Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Really Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on reviews from this site; unfortunately our experience was not as favorable as the majority of diners. I'll start with the best part, which was the price. We are from out of town and not aware of the happy hour special which was 2.00 house margaritas. This was a very nice surprise when we got our bill, as we were able to have 4 margaritas, queso dip appetizer, and 2 entrees for less than 30 bucks.
Unfortunately the pros stop there. I would say the food was decent. Chips not too greasy, flavorful salsa. Queso dip is the white queso, also very good. I enjoyed my entree which was three chicken enchiladas with a green sauce and sour cream, served with spanish rice and refried beans. Very filling and I had no complaints about the taste. My husband did not like his entree as much. He ordered the "California Burrito," which he said was difficult to enjoy because the filling of beef and vegetables was too moist. He described it as stew-like and not what he expected.
However it is not the food upon which my review is based but rather the incredibly terrible service we received. Wow, where to begin. I suppose I will preface this by saying that my husband and I both make our living waiting tables so we tend to be very sympathetic to someone who is noticeably new or just maybe having an "off-night." This was definitely not the case with our gal. She has either worked there way too long or simply is not cut out for any type of service-oriented business. She barely spoke a word to us except to comment on how awful it was to have to listen to the other servers singing happy birthday to another patron. My husband watched her sit on a stool and mess around with her cell phone while our chip basket sat empty, and this was not long after we received our appetizer of queso dip. We did not receive more chips until we could ask her when she brought the entrees. About the same time, my husband spied another waitress finishing off the remains of what we assume was some table's unfinished Pacifico in the kitchen. Our waitress spoke maybe two words to us after the meal had been dropped off, even when she brought the check she lackadaisically dropped it on the table and walked off.
In sum, the food was okay, go there for happy hour and don't expect to get great service because apparently it is the luck of the draw. The place looks like it could be great but maybe needs better leadership.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Best Mexican food I've had in a while. Service was good as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Biloxi, Mississippi
“A must for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We go there at least once a month for lunch. Fast courteous service. Good food. tried there new special fried mash potatoes croquettes with cheese. They were good. Always consistant.

Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Food and service was great as well as the drinks and dessert. The waitress was very nice with excellent customer service skills. Big projection screen tv's as well. We left full and happy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“It's south but not far enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The food was about what you might expect from a mexican restaurant in Mississippi. the standard fare and the standard taste. OK but don't expect more. You won't get burned if want mexican.

• Visited May 2012