“Great Value, Close to Everything” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Austin, Texas
“Great Value, Close to Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The four points is a great alternative to staying in one of the local casinos. It's walking distance to the beach, Beau Rivage, Hard Rock, and boat docks for our charter fishing boat. The few things we couldn't walk to we were able to take the hotel shuttle to. We had a large group and the staff was very helpful. The pool was clean and nice to have close by. I'm not sure that I will be traveling to Biloxi any time soon, but if I do I will stay here again.

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here on Saturday, April 26 just as a stopover point on our way to Florida. We checked in and within 10 minutes the fire alarm was going off and the directions over the intercom were to evacuate. We were on the 10th floor with an infant and a two year old. We opened the door to thick, acrid smoke so we hustled to the stairwell and ran down to the first floor. As we made our way to the front of the hotel, it was obvious no one knew what was going on. The front desk staff were completely oblivious and were seemingly not too concerned with people's safety. So those of us that were evacuated (just the 9th and 10th floors) were milling about in the parking lot. The firemen showed up and eventually let us know that some kid had just discharged the entire fire extinguisher on our floor, right outside of our door. We are so thankful that's all it was.

However, even after the floor had been vented, the strong odor was still there. And our bags and stroller and car seat were covered in super fine residue from the fire extinguisher contents, which must have ended up in the room as we opened the door to exit. We asked for a room change and they gave us one. Otherwise we would have left.

Our main issues with this is that apparently a group of young people had been staying there all week and had been causing trouble. The previous night people were also evacuated because someone from this group had smoked and then tampered with the fire alarm. The hotel should not have allowed this group to continue to stay there after the first incident. End of story. Because they were there and messed around with the fire extinguisher, everyone, including our two young kids, had to inhale those chemicals as we left the floor. My husband gets blood every time he blows his nose. It wasn't funny and there should have been consequences.

Also, I find it completely unnerving that the front desk was so useless. I work in a high rise building and most of us know what to do in case of an emergency (where to muster, etc). These people had no idea. They were just blankly staring at everyone who came down and said, yes, there was something going on on the 10th floor. There was not even an apology issued until the next morning when we checked out. I would hope that the hotel looks at training its staff a little better in case there is a true emergency.

Other than this, the hotel was fine. If there had been no issue, it would have been just another nice hotel stay. But it's when things go wrong that you can tell how well a group of people manage and this hotel failed. Even though we're SPG members, we will never stay at another Four Points hotel.

Stayed April 2014
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear ali2617
I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while staying at Four Points Biloxi. I completely understand your frustration with the issue, and I am so sorry you felt that your safety was compromised, because that is the last thing that we want our guests to feel. I will be sure and pass this review along to our management team so that they are aware of the issue. Our Four Points brand hotels are franchise hotels that are owned and managed by various companies, so they will want to be aware of the issues that you outlined. If you would like any further resolution, please contact the general manager of this hotel, Kenny Glavan (Kenny.glavan@fourpointsbiloxi.com) who would be more than happy to help in anyway that he can. Again, I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay, but I hope the rest of your trip was much better.
Sterling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my husband for a family event in nearby Ocean Springs. Having come here many times we have stayed at most of the casino properties at least once but decided that this trip we wanted something a little easier. Mostly we wanted a place to relax, with a bar and pool but no hassling with valets or long walks through smokey casinos or shops. The Four Points Biloxi was just the ticket.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Every public space in the hotel is immaculate and the service in the bar and pool area was superb. Easy access in and out from Highway 90 and I-110 and two of the best casinos are within easy walking distance.

When I'm in town I like to invite my niece and nephew to spend time with us at the pool and have been frequently hassled by casino hotels for doing so even though I was spending gobs of money on food and drinks poolside for the whole crew. No such issues at Four Points. Totally cool with having the family enjoy the sunshine cool blue water.

Our room was clean, bright and comfortable with heavenly pillows and crisp white sheets. The bathroom was large, though I'll admit the sliding barn style door on the bathroom was a bit odd but got over it quickly because the shower had major water pressure was clean beyond compare.

We will enjoy returning to the Four Points again and encourage anyone who's traveling to Biloxi for a night or a week but not looking for the casino vibe to do the same. You'll be happy you did.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had an event at the Four Points Biloxi a weeks ago and had a wonderful experience. All the staff were extremely friendly and the rooms very large and clean. The location and views are incredible. The event went extremely well, food and drinks all great and they worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely use this hotel again and I would strongly recommend the Four Points Biloxi to anyone.

Dear Logan M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience. We are so happy to hear that your event went off without a hitch, and we are so grateful for your business. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great location next to the much more expensive hotels with casinos. Great restaurant and staff-- The food was very good southern cuisine. The Lobby was well decorated. We did not use the pool but it looked nice. We did not have a beach view but the parking lot side view was ok if in higher floor.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Bernard is the man, so if you meet him (one of the employees) give him a warm greeting. Everything was great to be honest. Nice rooms, awesome beds, friendly hotel staff, easy beach access, easy casino access. I was here with a large group and the restaurant, especially the ladies at the bar, handled everything excellently. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I was driving through the area again. Oh and shuttle service to the bars. What a plus. He cleaning staff was also very happy and friendly- that says a lot. Easy 5 stars... Except there was no free breakfast :(

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room with even numbers. Welcome to a great view
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights for my bachelorette party and paid for 2 rooms both nights. It was the worst experience at a hotel. This was supposed to be a fun-filled, problem-free, and all-around wonderful weekend. Instead, it was full of disappointment. Firstly, the hotel restaurant was terrible in all aspects. We wasted 2.5 hrs at lunch because of horrible service. We were the only table. Our drinks were left empty, and the water was tap. Lemons were required to mask the taste. It took 15 min just to receive 3 cocktails. We waited at least 50 min for our food to arrive. There was no communication from the server as to what was taking so long. We were very hungry. She seemed to avoid us the entire time. When the food finally arrived, it was bland. The gumbo tasted as though it had just been prepared. It was barely warm. The okra and tomatoes were still raw. I had the club spinach wrap. It was mostly lettuce. I had to dip it in the remoulade (aioli) just to give it some flavor. We were so hungry that we ate the food, despite how flavorless it was. Shortly after receiving our food, we were asked if we wanted our checks or dessert. We opted for dessert. The bananas foster cheesecake was just a small slice covered in caramel sauce and three slices of uncooked banana for plate garnish. The Mississippi mud pie was vanilla ice cream between two unwarmed brownies, topped with marshmallows barely browned and very chewy. The server then took another 15-20 min to pick up our checks and then another 15-20 min just to return them. We were still the only table in the restaurant. I am in the business of hospitality, and I expect to be appreciated as a guest should when I am on the other end. It takes much disappointment for me to complain. I complained to the front desk, but I was told there is never a manager on duty on the weekends, during what I assume is the busiest time for a hotel. So, the employee was not able to do anything for my friends or myself. She asked the restaurant supervisor to come over and she offered us $10 coupons for breakfast the next day and for champagne, fruit, and cheese to be sent to my room. That was greatly appreciated. However, the next day we gave the restaurant one more chance. Upon arriving at the hostess stand, we waited for 15-20 and still no one had even acknowledged our group. I proceeded again to the front desk to explain the situation and that the coupons were appreciated, but completely useless if we would have the same experience as the previous day. The excuse offered was that the other girl did not show up to work because she was in church. It appeared as though the restaurant had been busy for breakfast. There were many dirty tables still, with most dishes on them and lots of guests still sitting. That would have been too much for even 2 servers to handle, especially since 2 couldn't handle the day before when there were no other tables. My assumption is that no one in the restaurant takes their job seriously and it is severely understaffed. They seem to care nothing about their guests or hospitality. When someone is in a place of business, they should be viewed as guests, not customers or numbers. So, one should do everything to make sure their guests are well taken care of, especially when guests are paying them and contributing to their job. Great experiences will be told to very few, whereas bad experiences will be spread around tremendously!!! Our driver on Saturday night was extremely rude. The shuttle service was appreciated, but she was awful. She seemed to hate her job, although she makes at least the federa minimum wage(not server minimum wage that is $2.13/hr) and cash tips. The other driver we had was very nice. Also, on the first night of our arrival, the manager on duty was rude and snappy to my friends. I was disappointed that it is springtime and the hotel pool and hottub were still drained. Our rooms were $200+USD per night and there was not even a refrigerator in our room. On a positive note, the hotel front desk service and employees that deliver items to guest rooms were very friendly and accommodating. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The shuttle service was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear AFord2014,
I am so sorry to hear that your experience at the Four Points Biloxi was not a positive one. I completely understand your frustration with the service you experienced in the restaurant and the lack of customer service you appeared to experience. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and let us know about the issues that you encountered so that we can address them for future guest stays. I have passed this review along to the management team so that they are aware, but I would encourage you to reach out to the general manager, Kenny Glavan (Kenny.glavan@fourpointsbiloxi.com) who would be more than happy to discuss the issues that you faced and help resolve the matter in anyway that he can. Again, I am so sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel ruined your bachelorette party, but I hope the rest of your time in Biloxi was a much better experience.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard? Share your experiences!