“Above average hotel right on the coast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
New York City, New York
“Above average hotel right on the coast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wasn't planning on staying in Biloxi, but this hotel was close to the airport in Gulfport (relatively) and my flight arrived late. Hotel is right on the coast - except their is a 6 lane highway between it and the ocean. There's a view of an artificial beach under a highway overpass - not sure which planning geniuses in Mississippi decided that the best use of property on the beach is highway. Apparently the big business in the are is gambling which I ave no interest in, but the location is good if you like to give money to rich casino owners.

The hotel is a better than average Four Points - pretty new. Room was nice and clean with a view of that sad fake beach under the overpass. Bed was very comfortable (although I might just also have been very tired).

Breakfast was also good - although I had to search in the back for a waitress because they were all chatting in the kitchen and missed me arriving.

Front desk staff were friendly on arrival and departure.

A little more expensive than I would expect to spend in a similar location, but maybe the casino traffic drives up demand and cost.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Coast side rooms will give you a view of a nice fake beach across 6 lanes of highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Sept 6th and as usual I was promptly greeted upon my arrival and everything was ready for me. My room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I had a ocean view room but I don't think there is a bad view from anywhere. This my choice of stay every time I come to Biloxi. I have never had a bad experience here. The hotel is only a couple years old and perfectly maintained.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. This was my first time in Biloxi and would make sure to stay here when I return to the area. The view from my room was great and the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear rcjinkins,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that the customer service you experienced while staying at our Four Points was so high that we turned you into a repeat customer. We hope that return to Biloxi is sooner rather than later.
Brandon, ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was not what my family and I was expecting from Sheraton. But for the price it was ok. It was tough getting in and out of hotel onto highway. The water pressure was low and hot water was not hot. I was a Sheraton rewards member but since I booked room through a 3rd party I could be rewarded points, that's what the guy at the front desk told me.

• Stayed August 2013
ARKANSAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in to this hotel. The hotel isn't new, but it is very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff were pleasant. The lobby and common areas were beautifully done. The outdoor pool area was very nice and great for hanging out or even eating. The room was spectacular! We were on the 9th floor and we had a corner room with a wonderful ocean view. It was large with a comfy chair, side table, desk and chair and very comfortable beds. We did miss the fride, microwave and free breakfast, but gladly traded those for the wonderful experience at this hotel. It is just off Beach Blvd., which is the main road that runs along the beach and is very busy. We walked across the street the the Beau Rivage for dinner, but I recommend driving. It was difficult. We loved this hotel and will probably go back.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor (of 10) and it was quiet. We also got the great corner room. If you can g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were very happy with our room, as it was roomy, clean, and comfortable. The beach is right across the street, however you would have to cross a busy street to get there, and I didn't feel comfortable walking there. All of the staff was pleasant and greeted me in passing and asked how I was doing. We ordered room service one night (shrimp & grits, roast beef po-boy and fries) and it was so good! The pool and hot tub area was clean and very popular on the Saturday we were there! The bar and restaurant was great too. The only negative I found was I didn't care for the sliding door to the bathroom as it didn't allow for much privacy, but it is easy to overlook that since everything else was so good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear melshawnrn,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that your overall experience with the hotel was so positive. It is so nice to hear that you found the property to your liking, the staff to be friendly, and the food to be delicious. Also, we appreciate your comments in regards to the bathroom door and will keep that in mind if we ever find ourselves needing to make upgrades to the rooms. We hope you will come back to Biloxi and stay with us again soon.
Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" rating to this hotel is it is difficult to spot the turn in for the parking lot, the lot is not as well lighted as it should be, and the spaces are tight to get into and out of. The breakfast buffet was good (though NOT free) with a view of the Gulf just outside. From the hotel, you can cross the street and be on the beach. Biloxi beaches are the best for being uncrowded and clean. The white sand stretches for miles, and the view from our 10th floor room was unobstructed for 2 miles. We were there on July fourth and had a great view of the fireworks on the beach from our front and side windows. The beaches AND the main drag in front of the hotel were bumper to bumper after dusk, and started building by 5 p.m. If you're a beach person, this area is for you. And if you have a small car & don't mind paying for your breakfast, Four Points is a good hotel.

Room Tip: 1002 or any in that same corner of the hotel on the upper floors have the best beach views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple