“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Rockwall, Texas
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one night in July. I received a great rate online.
The good: the check-in was simple and easy. There is parking right by the building and ample parking even for larger vehicles. Our hotel room was clean and quite a nice size. The modern design of the sliding door to the bathroom is not a good choice. Our door slide back and forth (cute) however, not really allowing for any privacy when one is in the bathroom.
The room got as cool as we needed it to, we always had hot water and good water pressure when showering and we all slept very nicely which is the most important.
The location is pretty nice-easy to get to and down the street from a fairly nice part of the Biloxi public beach area.
The Bad: The beach area directly across the street isn't kept clean and I would recommend driving a bit down closer to Gulfport for beach time.
The pool area at the hotel was very crowded. The pool and hot tub area were not cleaned during the afternoon/evening hours that we were there. It was not very pleasant. Lots of smoking and cigarette butts on the pool deck. It was NOT a very kid-friendly scene; at least, not that afternoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear txmasonmom,
Thanks for sharing your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and our convenient location on the beach. We hope to see you back in the near future.

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This property is right across from the beach-like area. However after driving down the blvd further, it is the ugliest portion of the beach. Upon walking into this property, you immediately know it is not the nicest of the other hotels nearby. We were attending a wedding and were instructed to stay at this location, however I wish I would have spent my money elsewhere. The front desk attendant Colleen was very rude after we checked in and went up to our room that had its lights not working completely in the room. When I go back downstairs to request a room that was fully functional, she began to explain to me that this would take some time to get me a room (we were checking in at almost midnight, so it was no one even in the lobby when I came back down) because she would have to take it from someone else and give it to me. Instead of completing my request, she told me to move aside while she helped another "regularly attending" guest with their check in as they came in while she was help---well, not helping me. I asked her was she really asking me to move over so she could help someone else instead of finishing with me and she replied, "Yes! I told you this would take a while for me to complete!" I was astonished. Since when does Customer Service 101 tell you to stop helping one guest so you can help someone else who came in AFTER the original customer.

We finally get another room and it too smelled a bit musky, but not as bad as the first room with no lights. The room appears clean, only one small hair found in the bathroom, no mildew stains in grout, but the bathroom was very cheap looking. The towels are in baskets under the sink and the toiletries are in community based pumps in the shower. They contain shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. There are three hooks in the bathroom to hand all towels. We had a beach-view, which is also the side the pool is one. The ocean is quite dirty-brown looking there and nothing to really "splurge" for "the view".

The king bed was average comfort and the room has one additional chair that just kind of sits in the middle of the floor. The TV is small and the room has no real amenities beyond a coffee maker.

the one positive comment I can provide for this hotel is that the room-service breakfast was really good. We had breakfast two mornings in a row and the prices were beyond reasonable for room service and tasted very good! I had The Four Points signature breakfast which included 4 pieces of toast triangles, two eggs (appeared to be more than 2 really), three pieces of turkey bacon (can get regular bacon or sausage), home-style breakfast potatoes, juice and tea or coffee. for $9.99. The menu also includes things like omelets, and a kids menu.

Overall, I felt like I was staying in a cheap hotel, that I would never stay in again if I visit the area again. Cheap Cheap Cheap!

Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am a business traveler and frequent the MS Gulf Coast. Previously I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I stay at the Four Points now. I do this because their staff remains constant. From my very first visit, they treated me like family. This morning Hyacinthe a housekeeping member held the elevator and chatted with me while balancing a stack of towels. Whether business or pleasure brings you to the Coast, you are making a mistake if you miss the Four Points, Biloxi, MS. Colleen at the front desk will do anything to help you.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room that ends in 23. They are larger and have multiple windows.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Smitty S,
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us, and are so glad to hear you find our staff and hotel to be welcoming, providing you with a home away from home. We can't wait to see you back on your next visit to Biloxi!
Newport, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After booking this Hotel in advance as a surprise get away for my parents 50th wedding Anniversary I am extremely disatisfied. I gave this Hotel staff a Faxed credit card authorization to charge my parents room to well in advance. The front desk staff disregarded all instruction and took a Credit Card from my parents at check in. The staff was not polite according to both of my parents. My folks believed it was for incidentals but at check out was charged for the entire stay along with a 30% additional hold charge on their Credit Card for incidentals (they made no room charges). This locked up funds on my parents credit card, an un expected expense on a trip far away from their home.
My father advised the staff was rude, the carpet in their room was dirty and had candy wrappers on the floor. There were no trash can liners in the garbage cans. The front desk was notified of this and ignored my parents requests. House keeping had to be tracked down to clean the room on the second day as it had not been cleaned by 2 p.m.
I contacted the Hotel General Manager to straighten out the charge issue and have the charge placed on my Credit Card as originally arranged. He returned one call and then never got back to me over two days. An additional call to him with a voice mail from me was Ignored. It was necessary to contact Sheraton Corporate Office to get the improper charging situation taken care of.
Skip this Hotel, unless you have several days and many hours to spend with them straightening out basic Hotel tasks. It should not be necessary for Hotel guests to be the one searching out solutions for any issue about a stay. In fact this is the job of a Hotels staff and Manager. I am Sorry to leave this review, I have never written a negative review for Hotel until this situation.

Room Tip: Skip this Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
We want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We understand your frustration and know how important it is to provide our guests with great customer service, a friendly staff and a clean guest room. We’d like to look into the issues you experienced further so we may address accordingly and improve upon this incident moving forward, so I have passed your feedback along to the hotel management team accordingly. If you would like to discuss anything in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact Kenny Galvan at kenny.glavan@fourpointsbiloxi.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused your parents on their wedding anniversary weekend.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard. After our first visit (see my prior review), we looked forward to our stays here. This last visit has changed my opinion.

We stayed July 3rd through the 7th. Check-in was fine. The gentleman behind the desk was pleasant and helpful. The next morning we went to breakfast at the restaurant having the buffet. The buffet was noticeably less in quantity and quality compared to our past stays.

We had room 1023. Large corner room with one window allowing the view of the Hard Rock and Beau Rivage (ocean can be seen as well) and the main window overlooking the city and IP Casino. I was pleased with the room and cleanliness of the room. HOWEVER, right outside our door was a big clump of sand from the beach. It was there from the afternoon of the fourth until we checked out. It seems outrageous that at no point was it vacuumed up, but even more so, it was the clear indication that the hallways are not vacuumed regularly. Obviously, there is no person observing the hotel and checking the work of the cleaning crews.

The morning of the 5th we went to the buffet for breakfast again. The cook seated us and told the wait staff that he seated us but did not take our drink orders. We went to the buffet and nearly everything was empty. Two slices of bacon, two sausage patties, and about one serving of eggs was there. This is at 9:30 am. We watched to see if anything was replenished. It was not. We ate breakfast, served ourselves coffee, and chatted. In the 45 minutes we were there, not a single waitress addressed us. No one spoke to us, offered to get anything, asked how we were doing...nothing. We were totally ignored. It was the first time in almost 48 years that I did not leave a tip. I was told by the front desk that Richelle was no longer working there. That is the hotel's loss. She made every morning breakfast enjoyable during our past stays. I will never eat at the hotel's restaurant ever again.

Interaction with the front desk is always pleasant. Room is clean and spacious. Décor and style nice. Restaurant and cleanliness of hallway, horrible.

I have to believe that there is new management. This place seemed so on top of everything before. It has significantly slipped. We will be looking at other options for when we return to Biloxi next month.

Room Tip: In the past, we overlooked the ocean. I liked the view from our room this time and the size of the...
Silkeborg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is more then less surrounded by roads, 2 of them are very busy! Luckily I managed to get a quiet room towards east and the parking area, with a view of the beach. My room on one of the top floors was spacey but without a fridge!? After calling the reception they got me one which was pretty used, scratched and definitely not cleaned - but it cooled my stuff - in a 4 Star hotel!? The Front desk stuff was friendly and helpful. Slow Internet.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room facing east and the parking, best at the end of the hall, but certainly t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scibb,
Thanks for taking the time you share your feedback on our hotel with us. We are pleased to hear you found our staff to be friendly and help as well as your room quiet so you could relax. We apologize for any inconvenience the refrigerator may have caused you, however we hope you will once again stay with us on your next visit to Biloxi Beach.
Branson West, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We moved here after a bad experience at a different hotel. It was very nice. The beds were very comfortable, the room was large enough, and there was a great view of the gulf from our room. The staff was friendly and accomodating, and our sheets were changed daily.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear jamier,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are glad we could accommodate you during your stay and that you found your guest room to be welcoming and comfortable. We hope to see you back on your next visit to the area.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard? Share your experiences!