“Clean & convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Louisiana
“Clean & convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We travel with a large dog, so we have to find pet friendly lodging. Motel 6 is always very accomodating. This is a brand new motel, with new rooms and pool. Was located right across the street from the beach with rental chairs, waverunners, etc. Also next to a huge gift shop. The gals at the front were friendly, and the rooms were clean. This is a new motel 6, and there is no outside entry to the rooms, all rooms are entered from a central hallway. Plenty of parking.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

In all my 36 years I have never seen a hotel so dirty. The first room they put me in the key card didn't work had to go back down to get another key card when we finally got in the room there was brown and black gunk (is the only way in can describe it) all over the bed spread there were cheerios all over the floor when I pulled the nasty bed spread off there were lots of bugs in the bed, little black bugs then I noticed they were crawling on the table and wall. I called the front desk and got hung up on before I could even speak it took two more calls and about 20 minutes to get someone to answer. I went down and they gave me another room. I got in this room and it was just as bad the floor was not even swept there was hair all over the floor and all over the clean towels there were hand smears all over the bathroom doors and mirror there was a nasty gunk around the toilet I went back down and they just did not even care I asked if I could at least use there Windex to clean the room with at first they wouldn't even do that. There was trash lining the hallway's the elevator was disgusting the pool water was cloudy and green the place looked like it had not been cleaned since it was built.
I know this is a lot but it is true and if you read all this consider yourself warned.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

So I was extremely nervous after reading the past reviews. Forget them! I'm so glad I came here, anyway! It's true that it's loud (lots of families and kids). It's true that there's no amenities and the beds are hard, but it's in a GREAT location, the staff is helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and a very decent size for 1-2 ppl, as you can see - the internet works great, and it's right across from a great section of beach, so why check on the pool???! Then again, I'm used to remote camping, so this hotel seems very decent to me. I am very impressed and would love to be back with my family.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Round Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I'm actually a fan of Motel 6. If all you seek is a safe, clean room with a shower, Motel 6 is a typically a great value. The room layout is very Euro with laminate flooring, and it's usage of space including an angled bathroom. Beds were firm, but forgiving - I awoke with no abnormal cricks or creaks. The comforters were dirty or stained, but sheets clean. Although the motel is new, it's proximity to the beach is taking it's toll. Most beach motels/hotels have outdoor showers and / or hoses to help control and contain beach grime to outdoors. No matter how much you try to keep out, you end up with sand on the room floor and some in your bed. The laundry area was locked. Fee based Internet was broken.

The beach across the street was a bust; Dirty and very shallow - 500' from shore gives you a few inches of depth. The area is still very depressed and 90% of restaurants on the GPS do not exist any more. There was one on-beach seafood restaurant that although the food was good, was overpriced as you pay for the view. I believe most residents that evacuated from the area during Katrina 4 yrs ago have stayed away.

Overall, it could be a great property with a few minor things:
Outdoor showers + hoses
Room Floor Mats to contain tracked material
More staff - they were overwhelmed

The area seemed desolate. Do yourself a favor and make a cheap priceline bid instead and score an empty room at a casino for the same $$$. Better yet, find a better beach.

Jackson, MS.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

If you get what you pay for then this motel isn't worth $5!! We had two rooms reserved for one night, when we checked in, we were told we couldn't have the kitchenette rooms because we weren't staying for a 3 night minimum, I had NOT been told this when I made the reservations on the phone! I was then told I could have those rooms if I put a substantial deposit down, I refused. I was finally given the rooms I reserved after having to argue with the lady about it. Our rooms then didn't have enough towels, no bath mat, no soap, was dirty and the air conditioning barely worked. Two light bulbs were out and the fan on the stove didn't work. And you can FORGET amneties, because you won't get any at this place. No coffee/cream/sugar, no shampoo/conditioner, no hairdryer, no extra's whatsoever. The size of the room was nice, as was the flat screen TV, however, the beds were only full size and hard as a board.

midland, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

This hotel is nothing like it appears. I thought from the photos and few ratings it would be great, and I couldn't have been more wrong. Check-in was very smooth, and the front desk staff is very very helpful. Sadly thats where the goodness ended. The rooms are pretty small, and the beds, though advertised as pillow top are like sleeping on a board. This is a no frills hotel for sure. From 3pm until 12 midnight we could hear the people in the room above us walking and what sounded like running and jumping. My husband thought we must have been under a staircase the noise was that bad. The front desk staff did attempt to help us, but it did no good. When we went to get in bed, we found the sheets dirty and had to change them out ourselves. The bedspreads were pretty badly stained also, and we took them off the bed. The pool is really small, and not very well kept, the water was murky. There is no carpet in the rooms, only fake wood flooring, and it was pretty well sand covered, so we left our shoes on. This hotel just opened this year and our room had broken towel rack and the flooring was actually buckled and warped in the bathroom as if it had flooded in there. I was very surprised not to see a night security guard either. We left that hotel after one night and spent the next two nights at the Palace Casino and resort. I wish we had left the first day, but lesson learned. No more cheap hotels, you get what you pay for.

Meridian, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Carried my two children down for the Fourth without reservations and they were able to accomodate us for three nights. The price was reasonable and the new look they have is very welcoming. The beach is right across the street and there's lots of stuff nearby to do. We sat on the beach and watched a great fireworks show form all angles. I will visit again and highly recommend you to try them out!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Biloxi? Share your experiences!